Shipping MInifigures

LegoMan1212

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

Bubble mailer, First Class Package, $2.61 via paypal.com/shipnow.

It never gets damaged that way?  I thought this too but figured that they still went through the sorting machines and potentially could get smashed a little bit.  I must be wrong?

Edited by LegoMan1212

2 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

It never gets damaged that way?  I thought this too but figured that they still went through the sorting machines and potentially could get smashed a little bit.  I must be wrong?

First Class _Package_ does not go through sorting machines. I do always fold the arms down before packing, just to be safe.

First Class _Mail_ (i.e. plain envelopes) gets automatically sorted and should not be used for minifigs.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

Just now, LegoMan1212 said:

If you pay for the package rate (not a stamped envelope), it won't go through the machines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, randrace said:

I had one minifigure arrive damaged when I shipped it loose in a bubble mailer. Since then, I wrap figs in a strip of cardboard and tape it before putting it in the bubble mailer. I've gotten comments from buyers; people appreciate the extra protection.

Great advice. Thank you

Personally, I ship them in bubble wrap within smaller mailer boxes like this kind. I find that you get decent surface area to affix a label and it doesn't get crushed or damaged easily. Furthermore, the current going First Class rate is pretty much the same for a bubble mailer weighing the same up to 8 ounces.

I sell a ton of Funko Pop, so I buy the 7x7x4 boxes by the truckload (about 100 every two weeks).  They are .33 each at the boxery and shipping first class items that are less than 8oz is around $2.70 each.  I use these even though they might be a bit too big, but I can use them to ship a ton of different things, including polybags, small lego sets, t-shirts and the Pops.  Find something that works then buy in large quantities. :) 

• Like 1