Shipping to Hawaii

Just sold my first item on Ebay in awhile and I'm fairly certain that my prior settings were to ship to only lower 48, but the winner is from Hawaii.

Just need someone to confirm what it seems that I'm reading is that Flat rate Boxes will ship to all 50 states for the same price?  Want to prepare myself for an additional charge now rather in the morning staring at the postal worker.  Thanks

Edited by LegoMan1212

53 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

Just sold my first item on Ebay in awhile and I'm fairly certain that my prior settings were to ship to only lower 48, but the winner is from Hawaii.

Just need someone to confirm what it seems that I'm reading is that Flat rate Boxes will ship to all 50 states for the same price?  Want to prepare myself for an additional charge now rather in the morning staring at the postal worker.  Thanks

Not sure how familiar you are with shipping in general, but I sold my first few sets with flat rate fearing the unknown world of shipping and kicked myself later. It's almost always more expensive to ship flat rate rather than weighing and doing First Class or Priority Mail, at least in my experience.

Not sure how familiar you are with shipping in general, but I sold my first few sets with flat rate fearing the unknown world of shipping and kicked myself later. It's almost always more expensive to ship flat rate rather than weighing and doing First Class or Priority Mail, at least in my experience.

Shipping is an art form and is often learned through trial and error.
  • Like 3

Yes I would expect it is cheaper other ways. I like the simplicity of it for now though and I don't have many boxes laying around or cate to go buy some and figure it out quite yet.

Will of course read and let any advice soak in.

2 minutes ago, hippielego said:

Gotta get baptised in the flames.  Even sending stuff to the west coast from the midwest is insane.  Forget HI.

That's where I live, midwest, and I did some weight calcs prior to this finding the worst zones and didn't want to play games quite yet with it.

Hey guys, use calculated shipping, why don't you? That takes the burden off you to fret about shipping and let's the buyer decide if it is worth the expense. I love shipping to Puerto Rico & Hawaii, as it's the same cost as continental shipping for 1lb or less First Class. Seems like a bargain.

4 hours ago, randrace said:

Hey guys, use calculated shipping, why don't you? That takes the burden off you to fret about shipping and let's the buyer decide if it is worth the expense. I love shipping to Puerto Rico & Hawaii, as it's the same cost as continental shipping for 1lb or less First Class. Seems like a bargain.

My second item ended today.... being shipped to PR!

I should just use this advice.  Long ago when I sold other things I always did Free Shipping but for these didn't want to get burned too bad if items didn't get to a certain amount or be surprised either by some "odd" ball place.  Overall, I definitely need to look into it more and more than anything, need to stock up on boxes.

• Like 1