Best Way to Sell Complete Collection of Star Wars UCS Sets

bajwabik

Had a question about selling my complete set of Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series.  I am not a collector, rather just have enjoyed following lego collecting on line.  This interest led to me starting to purchase only NEW Star Wars UCS sets over the years and hanging on to them given my love of star wars and lego - not even sure why!  I thought these might be fun for my son and I to build or it was a really fun way to force some savings.  I am now ready to sell them all and I am trying to figure out how.  Each set is bubble wrapped and boxed in a separate cardboard box - was trying to avoid selling individually given the time to take pics, list, and ship numerous times!!  

Do you think it is possible to sell these all in one go or is it better to sell individually?  Would you find a local collector/shop, sell on eBay, or sell on Amazon?  Any other thoughts or ideas?  This is all new to me!

Thanks!! First message here on BrickPicker so please excuse if I've missed some form of etiquette here.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply!  

Looking to sell EVERY Star Wars UCS ever made by Lego. I have 1x of each set, all new and sealed (per Brickset, a total of 26 sets that have actually been sold - 2 more listed but not released by Lego yet). Includes them all...

In addition to the Bricket listed UCS sets, I also have the following sets new and sealed - never really sure if these are UCS sets or not and have seen a lot of discussion in this over the years and not starting this controversy again I hope!!

10123 - Cloud City (sealed but damaged box)

10131 - Tie Collection

10144 - Sandcrawler

10188 - Motorized AT AT

Recalling back, was fun to collect all this! Last set on my bucket list is 10195 - Dropship  

What do you recommend?

Thanks!

Heck, put up an ad on ebay with all of them listed and give it a shot.  I have sold complete lots of collections before, and while it's sometimes better to sell individually, sometimes if you have a fairly complete collection, some might be interested in that, because it's easier for them to get them all in one shot, instead of wasting a lot of time tracking down a bunch.  You never know.  There might be one dude out there that is an investment banker has cash, and wants them.

9 hours ago, bajwabik said:

Thanks for the reply!  

Looking to sell EVERY Star Wars UCS ever made by Lego. I have 1x of each set, all new and sealed (per Brickset, a total of 26 sets that have actually been sold - 2 more listed but not released by Lego yet). Includes them all...

In addition to the Bricket listed UCS sets, I also have the following sets new and sealed - never really sure if these are UCS sets or not and have seen a lot of discussion in this over the years and not starting this controversy again I hope!!

10123 - Cloud City (sealed but damaged box)

10131 - Tie Collection

10144 - Sandcrawler

10188 - Motorized AT AT

Recalling back, was fun to collect all this! Last set on my bucket list is 10195 - Dropship  

What do you recommend?

Thanks!

Whew. Well, if you want max profit I'd put them up for auction seperately, but refer to the other items in your lot. That way you get maximum synergy between your listings. A lot of times people will be interested in multiple items. And if the price of an item gets too high, they will keep bidding on the other items.

Unless you have bought the more recent sets at a big discount, I wouldn't put them up yet (sandcrawler, ewok village, slave I, TIE, Red 5). Keep those for another 3 years after retirement.

Selling everything at once might look easier, but we are talking about a lot of money here so it gets hard for people to know what it's actually worth. And not a lot of people will be willing to spend over 15k on Lego all at once. It can also get really tricky logistically. How are you going to ship all those sets at once without damaging them? Huge risk if something goes wrong, for the buyer and for you.

Selling a complete collection of UCS sets is not a very common occurence, so you might even be able to generate some buzz on various websites by announcing your auction (if they allow it).

Good luck.

As c_rpg says will be difficult to find a buyer and ensure that there are no problems with the sale. Best to split to individual sets or perhaps smaller bundles. As a point of reference there's an eBay seller based in Germany who's been trying to sell a complete collection (used) for months with no sale recorded to date . I think the asking price was €25k.

I´d list them separately and as a job lot at a lower price and see which gets most bites. Everything listed with combined shipping or local collection and making it clear you have other items  LOOK AT MY OTHER ADS IF YOU LIKE LEGO STAR WARS (a lot of folk only bother to look at the listing that interests them).

Edited by Val-E

• 5 weeks later...