70904 - Clayface Splat Attack

Phil B

70904 - Clayface Splat Attack - 448 pieces

70904-1.jpg?20161130091970904_alt1.jpg

If you weren't convinced yet that this is a cool set, check out this excellent New Elementary post which shows just how much new Medium Nougat comes with the set and what you can do with those pieces. A definite must-have for your parts collection!

http://www.newelementary.com/2017/01/medium-nougat-dark-flesh-lego-batman-clayface.html

what-LEGO-bricks-come-in-colour-medium-n

• Like 5

I had $100 in VIP points and told my son he could choose any set 100 or less and he choose clayface. He built it completely by himself ( he is 6). It took him a few hours but he really loved it. I think it is one of his favorite sets and that is saying something as his collection may put lord business to shame

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Salimr said:

I had $100 in VIP points and told my son he could choose any set 100 or less and he choose clayface. He built it completely by himself ( he is 6). It took him a few hours but he really loved it. I think it is one of his favorite sets and that is saying something as his collection may put lord business to shame

Exactly the same for me. My son had $100 in gift cards to the Lego store, and this was the number one item on his list. It is a neat build, and has good play value. One thing not readily apparent on the front of the box is how you can switch the eyes around, and turn the mouth different ways, to create different expressions. 

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I think he's cool. I know very little about he character, but it appears he'll smash your face.

He has the most potential out of any Batman rogues since his power is so flexible.  But he is usually written as 1/2 a step above regular henchmen with hammer smash as his go to move.  Batman finds a way to freeze him and that would be the end of the episode.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks and sounds like a DC version of Marvel's Sandman. Or is it the other way around?

Yeah a little bit. I haven't followed Marvel at all since the early 90s but I've at least paid attention to DC up until the present.

I vaguely remember Marvel's Sandman turned good. So I'm guessing the stories are at least similar.

Yeah a little bit. I haven't followed Marvel at all since the early 90s but I've at least paid attention to DC up until the present.

I vaguely remember Marvel's Sandman turned good. So I'm guessing the stories are at least similar.

I don't know about the comics last the early 90s either, but in the Toby movie trilogy he's a returning villain that actually plays a significant role in the maturation of Spider-Man. You end up feeling sorry for the guy. I think he helped with a robbery because he couldn't afford the cancer treatments for his daughter. Then he accidentally got transformed into the sandman. Daughter's still sick, he's a wanted freak, so he starts robbing armored cars. Not out of greed, but to pay for the treatments because the insurance companies won't cover her because she's sick and the hospitals wong take her because she's not insured. The whole point of course is to make you wonder, who's really the bad guy?
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, donbee said:

I don't know about the comics last the early 90s either, but in the Toby movie trilogy he's a returning villain that actually plays a significant role in the maturation of Spider-Man. You end up feeling sorry for the guy. I think he helped with a robbery because he couldn't afford the cancer treatments for his daughter. Then he accidentally got transformed into the sandman. Daughter's still sick, he's a wanted freak, so he starts robbing armored cars. Not out of greed, but to pay for the treatments because the insurance companies won't cover her because she's sick and the hospitals wong take her because she's not insured. The whole point of course is to make you wonder, who's really the bad guy?

1kp5n9.jpg

• Like 4

• 10 months later...