Shopping In New York

LandAhoy

11 hours ago, LegoEdison said:

The sad news is there is no Walmart in NYC. 

That's why I asked if this was State or City .... and whether you had access to a car. If you're there for several weeks, and have time during the weekend, you could grab your car and make a road trip upstate (or to Connecticut or any surrounding state) and check up on WMs along the way. Google Maps is your friend. Lots of driving though, but you get to see a bit of America that way as a bonus.

I use to drive for Lego bargains, That stopped in 2014.  Now I just wait at home for USPS, Fed-Ex, etc... 

I doubt you will see many deals in NYC even with the £ to $ exchange rate plus you have the 8.5% NYC sales tax.  

A better idea might be to shop online for the sets you really want and have them shipped to your temp NYC address. 

13 hours ago, LandAhoy said:

i will be in New York Most of June i hope theres plenty bargains in walmart etc when I'm there haha 

Any other recommendations on places for lego deals ? 

Closest Walmart would be in White Plains which would be about a 25-30 min drive from Brooklyn. But it's a horrible Walmart overall. There might be a close one in Long Island but I rarely get out there. The deals at Lego stores within the city are the same as online but with the NYC upcharge everything is all marked up a bit more than RRP. If you are into the pick-a-brick wall, the city stores have been carrying pieces for a mini statue of liberty build. I haven't been to one in awhile so I don't know if they got swapped out yet but they have been available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrToes16 said:

Closest Walmart would be in White Plains which would be about a 25-30 min drive from Brooklyn. But it's a horrible Walmart overall. There might be a close one in Long Island but I rarely get out there. The deals at Lego stores within the city are the same as online but with the NYC upcharge everything is all marked up a bit more than RRP. If you are into the pick-a-brick wall, the city stores have been carrying pieces for a mini statue of liberty build. I haven't been to one in awhile so I don't know if they got swapped out yet but they have been available.

Thanks I will no doubt come a  cross plenty Lego when the wife takes me out shopping HAHA

• 2 weeks later...