Anti Reseller Stickers on Lego

1 minute ago, Average Guy said:

They can't comprehend that because they get paid by an employer. You don't get paid by an employer and they will never understand that.

No i did'nt mean it like that. I meant it that because of the attitude of your bosses ( not him ) i have decided to give my business to your competition who are more than willing to accept my money. 

The whole scenario is ridiculous Smyths and Toys r Us are the Lego Police in the UK constantly cancelling orders for 3 or more of the Same Lego set,easily bypassed of course by collecting 2 in each store.

A few weeks ago I managed to pick up 4 of the same Lego duplo sets and four monopoly sets no one blinked an eyelid.

6 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

The whole scenario is ridiculous Smyths and Toys r Us are the Lego Police in the UK constantly cancelling orders for 3 or more of the Same Lego set,easily bypassed of course by collecting 2 in each store.

A few weeks ago I managed to pick up 4 of the same Lego duplo sets and four monopoly sets no one blinked an eyelid.

God, i could write a book about it honestly. Here is another one -

Out food shopping with the Mrs. So as you do, i say " i'll just go and have a look in the Toy isle darling "

Head into the toy isle and there were about 30 x 75034 for about £4 each. I don't have a basket so head off outside to get a trolley, put the sets in the trolley and head off to checkout. Instead of putting them all on the conveyor belt thing i give her 1 set and say " i have 30 in total to pay for ". 

Lady on the till says " what do you want all them for ? " my reply is " what's it to do with you ? ". Next thing she picks up a microphone and blurts out over the tanoy system" manager to till xxx and security please ". Now i have half the supermarket staring at me.

Two minutes later 2 security guys turns up and a minute later the manager. " What is the problem ? "

I respond " there is none "

Lady on the till says "he is trying to buy xxx amount of these" and the manager says " what is wrong with that ? " 

I pay and head off into the sunset. You could'nt make it up !

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

This is on my cragger command ship (don't judge).  Bought it last year. It was also on the helicopter hospital set (a Walmart exclusive). Screenshot_20170108-133539.png

Well everybody should call that number to report that it was being sold at the local  LEGO store, Target and Toys R Us.

• Like 8

Calling walmart.com support is painful.  after waiting on-hold for a rep, good luck getting someone who understands the sticker.

48 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Well everybody should call that number to report that it was being sold at the local  LEGO store, Target and Toys R Us.

1 hour ago, lazuli16 said:

This is on my cragger command ship (don't judge).  Bought it last year. It was also on the helicopter hospital set (a Walmart exclusive). Screenshot_20170108-133539.png

19 minutes ago, zak001 said:

Have heat gun, will travel. They melt right off just like the rest. Does take maybe 10 seconds longer to finish the job due to the way they peel, which is probably the intent.

Will travel, awesome. What time can I expect you to land, I would be happy to pay you but unfortunatly all my cash is tied up in lego ?

Thank you for the advice, I will have a look for a heat gun on the bay :)

• Like 1

Hahaha! Yes! I appreciate the literal interpretation here. It would be fun to call with a very concerned alarmist tone and start listing off all the places you can find, in real time, that sell that set.

I can hear it now, after listing off the obvious stores..."Oh sh1t Charlie at Walmart! I just found this set online for sale at Barnes and Noble also! This is an epidemic! What are we going to do to stop these shady companies from also selling your exclusive item?!? I think you need to get a manager on the phone with us right away Charlie!"

Ha.
  • Like 1