Lego Bulk/Lot Buying (And What to Do)

4 hours ago, AlMa2017 said:

Well, seems like I should not buy the lot, even at 150 Euros. Thanks for your help so far emoji123.png We will see how far the neogation goes emoji120.png

Sorry if I was rude earlier, but as investment I have not seen profits. I do buy hobbit and lord of the rings in used lots though, as I enjoy the movies and sets and find it fun to build with my family and resell them. Almost like we are renting the sets. I also have a friend who makes themed chess boards and uses the figures, so I share with them. So, I guess it depends what you wanted to do with them.

Sorry if I was rude earlier, but as investment I have not seen profits. I do buy hobbit and lord of the rings in used lots though, as I enjoy the movies and sets and find it fun to build with my family and resell them. Almost like we are renting the sets. I also have a friend who makes themed chess boards and uses the figures, so I share with them. So, I guess it depends what you wanted to do with them.

I did not find it rude! Thanks for your nice answer I think I will handle it like you. If the price is right I will keep my favourite scenes and sell the rest to brake even.

If price isn't right I will skip
  • Like 2

I just got lucky and bought a big lot of sets and collectible minifigures. Most are new and sealed, the rest are all in there original boxes with manual instructions and generally in excellent condition with most of them beeing 100% complete. I paid approximatly half of their retail price before taxes, maybe even less (didn't finish all the math yet). Some sets are retired. This is the kind of lot that rocks I believe.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2017 at 5:35 PM, Catherine Hallé said:

I just got lucky and bought a big lot of sets and collectible minifigures. Most are new and sealed, the rest are all in there original boxes with manual instructions and generally in excellent condition with most of them beeing 100% complete. I paid approximatly half of their retail price before taxes, maybe even less (didn't finish all the math yet). Some sets are retired. This is the kind of lot that rocks I believe.

Brick Pics plz

2543701e5b6100f948f5128cbd7e5e00.jpg151e17df1f0ffb3854dd18a034f12d8e.jpg
Also included but not shown in pictures: superheroes girls Batgirl Batjet Chase (used), 5 dimensions sers I keep for myself, a big ziploc full of Disney minifigs and an other one fulled with Batman Movie minifis (30 figs per bag, all new).

Was this your half off retail haul you mentioned above? Very good deal. Congrats!!

f1bab190b497ecb0f0586be1f9e86900.jpg

Off LetGo. I didn't know till the end it was a high school girl (maybe 15 or so) selling her lego. Was a bit shocked when I met them but good to see a girl liking lego/marvel.

Anyway she posted ALL the minifigures for 10 dollars. Yes I know..no brainer. Deadpool alone is like 40 dollars. I asked if they had anything else and they mentioned they had 10 other sets for marvel. They wanted 50 for everything but I gave her 70. Looks Like i got some extra mini figs that don't go to any of the sets but everything seems to be mostly completed. Magneto is missing and a piece from the 6866.

Some of these sets I still have sealed so once I confirm they are complete I'll just add these to my personal collection and sell the NISB ones I have.

Think I made out well. I didn't want to give her only 50 so even at 70 I'm happy!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jaylay said:

My best guess would be about 30 pounds each

Thanks. He's asking $400 for the two totes and he says that its Harry Potter, Star Wars, City, Vikings, and Ninjago, and Dino. It seems that about $5 a pound is a decent price on bulk lego so I will see if he will lower the price.

56 minutes ago, JoshB said:

Thanks. He's asking $400 for the two totes and he says that its Harry Potter, Star Wars, City, Vikings, and Ninjago, and Dino. It seems that about $5 a pound is a decent price on bulk lego so I will see if he will lower the price.

There is no mention about minifigs.  If this is something that you deem important, make sure to be clear if they have been removed or mixed in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BricksBrotha said:

There is no mention about minifigs.  If this is something that you deem important, make sure to be clear if they have been removed or mixed in.

Yeah, I forgot to mention. Yes, there are minifigs included in the lot.

Not a bad deal.  If seller can come up with instructions so you knew what exactly was supposed to be included, you would get a better gauge on value.(obviously)  I tend to avoid these types unless I can get some decent documentation of what is included.  Even a picture of figures can go a long way to determining what value you may be able to get back out of it.  Too many folks out there that know what they have and pilfer the good stuff and leave you the bulk at a premium price. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Poppy2612 said:

Use your eyes - big dino from something is obviously there (Jurassic world perchance) Cargo ship hull. Orange 16x16 plate is Minecraft I think. Could be a mix of stuff from different periods - old school road plates

My eyes also see Mega Blok and Duplo.  Sellers DO display nice parts on top to cover the S$^T on the bottom too.  There could be 50lbs of junk below.  Dino is from the previous Dino theme before JW and as you said, vintage baseplates which can always mean old Lego pieces(can mean amazing stuff, too).  When I see vintage stuff I immediately think of discolored pieces because I'm generally not very trusting when I see these lots.  Tons of money can be made on them, though.  I always ask many questions and ask for tons of pictures.  If they aren't willing to do that, they don't have something they think is worth the money they are asking. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poppy2612 said:

Use your eyes - big dino from something is obviously there (Jurassic world perchance) Cargo ship hull. Orange 16x16 plate is Minecraft I think. Could be a mix of stuff from different periods - old school road plates

Yeah, I was looking at those.

1 minute ago, Huskers1236 said:

My eyes also see Mega Blok and Duplo.  Sellers DO display nice parts on top to cover the S$^T on the bottom too.  There could be 50lbs of junk below.  Dino is from the previous Dino theme before JW and as you said, vintage baseplates which can always mean old Lego pieces(can mean amazing stuff, too).  When I see vintage stuff I immediately think of discolored pieces because I'm generally not very trusting when I see these lots.  Tons of money can be made on them, though.  I always ask many questions and ask for tons of pictures.  If they aren't willing to do that, they don't have something they think is worth the money they are asking. 

He lives about 30 min from me and so I am thinking about checking them out in person. Since I have never purchased a bulk lot before are these the main issues I should be aware of: instructions, non-lego pieces, minifigs? What else should I look out for?