4002016 - Holiday 2016 LEGO employee gift "50 years on track"

Lego Templar

1 minute ago, vatilomi said:

actualy, i bought them on BL for 255€ each and free assured shipment. and sold them localy, i think the reason that people buy at these prices is that they like this set very much considering all the other meh sets TLG released.

it's original, around 1000 parts, nostalgia for train freaks (very hardcore 1f61c.png), etc...A winner!

now i will buy another 5! 1f911.png

Yeah the vintage train market can be very profitable, especially in Germany and Netherlands. I doubled my money within weeks on a €400 lot of MIB vintage train sets a while ago, just by selling them separately.

The only reason anyone would buy at €450 is because they haven't looked at the prices on ebay yet. You'd have to be crazy to buy at that price, but good luck.

14 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

The ones on ebay seem to be directly from the production line.  Employees in the USA have not received theirs yet, awaiting that and the subsequent price drop.  It is good to see some of the auctions are ending with no bids. Worth it just for the box IMO.

If you buy one you can keep the box and send me the contents. :imsohappy:

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

The ones on ebay seem to be directly from the production line.  Employees in the USA have not received theirs yet, awaiting that and the subsequent price drop.  It is good to see some of the auctions are ending with no bids. Worth it just for the box IMO.

Yeah, it's all about the box for me. It looks great. It reminds me of the old system sets from when I was a kid. Serious nostalgia buzz.

Edited by tractorboy
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

Yeah, it's all about the box for me. It looks great. It reminds me of the old system sets from when I was a kid. Serious nostalgia buzz.

With me, it's all about the box to the BUYER as they all seem to be so anal about box condition. Sorry but, I just cannot stare at a box all day as I'd rather look at a bigger poster of the set and nothing beats the contents IMHO. If I did buy this (very unlikely), I'd wait for the QFLLs to drop it to under £100. Of course, it'll be for collecting not losing selling. If it's aftermarket is so good, why wouldn't LEGO just release it?

9 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Pretty freaken cool IMO, found it on local FB, some already on eBay. Hope I'm not reposting.

1 hour ago, Lego Templar said:

You are reposting lol. I posted like weeks ago! Wait till you get down here you're in trouble!!!

So much trouble....but that will have to be later because I am a little busy right now.
cop donkey.jpg

• Like 2

On 08/12/2016 at 2:10 PM, TabbyBoy said:

With me, it's all about the box to the BUYER as they all seem to be so anal about box condition. Sorry but, I just cannot stare at a box all day as I'd rather look at a bigger poster of the set and nothing beats the contents IMHO. If I did buy this (very unlikely), I'd wait for the QFLLs to drop it to under £100. Of course, it'll be for collecting not losing selling. If it's aftermarket is so good, why wouldn't LEGO just release it?

Yeah, if I did buy it, it would be for my own personal collection rather than as a QF. It's not designed to be a full release, more of a unique collectors item. I'll be waiting to see where the price goes before I'd pull the trigger on it.

• Like 1