Lego minecraft set, is it worth buying

Guest idunno101

Guest idunno101

The Lego minecraft set that made it past the Cuusoo review is coming out in the summer. What I was wondering is, is it worth investing in. I' ve been looking around and found that a lot of people said that they are turned off by how small the set is. But I also found that people are saying that they would buy it for the pieces. So i'm kind of torn. Will this set go up in value as being unique or will the fact that it's so small drop the value of the set.

The Lego minecraft set that made it past the Cuusoo review is coming out in the summer. What I was wondering is, is it worth investing in. I' ve been looking around and found that a lot of people said that they are turned off by how small the set is. But I also found that people are saying that they would buy it for the pieces. So i'm kind of torn. Will this set go up in value as being unique or will the fact that it's so small drop the value of the set.

I like the future prospects for the MINECRAFT CUUSOO SET #003. The first two CUUSOO sets,SHINKAI6500 #001 and HAYABUSA #002 have appreciated nicely.

SHINKAI 6500 UP 120%+ IN TWO YEARS.

HAYABUSA UP 66%+ IN LESS THAN A YEAR!

The first two CUUSOO sets were released in Japan, but it was possible to buy them, for a short period of time close to the MSRP, from Japanese EBAY sellers.

Guest idunno101

I like the future prospects for the MINECRAFT CUUSOO SET #003. The first two CUUSOO sets,SHINKAI6500 #001 and HAYABUSA #002 have appreciated nicely.

The first two CUUSOO sets were released in Japan, but it was possible to buy them, for a short period of time close to the MSRP, from Japanese EBAY sellers.

Good point but, the thing though is that this set is being released to the world this time so will it bring down the uniqueness of having this set

Good point but, the thing though is that this set is being released to the world this time so will it bring down the uniqueness of having this set

I get the impression that CUUSOO sets will not be available in most stores, so that should keep numbers down, making it more rare.

Frankly I have no idea how you would even go about ordering this set. Not that it matter all that much to me as it does not appeal to me at all but obviously did to at least 10K people. I remember seeing some blog reports with photos of the actual product packaging but I never saw anything about how one would go about getting it (at least in the USA). Also, I may be wrong, but I believe LEGO may own the rights to Minecraft, if not own it outright.

Frankly I have no idea how you would even go about ordering this set. Not that it matter all that much to me as it does not appeal to me at all but obviously did to at least 10K people. I remember seeing some blog reports with photos of the actual product packaging but I never saw anything about how one would go about getting it (at least in the USA). Also, I may be wrong, but I believe LEGO may own the rights to Minecraft, if not own it outright.

There are a lot better MOCs out there to make into sets, I agree. EBAY is always the answer to getting these sets. :-)

• 1 month later...

In terms of price and exclusivity, the CUUSOO derived sets must be a winner in the short, mid or long term. People will buy them as there just isn't many around. I picked up two of them to be safe, then I see that the set is again on sale through the LEGO site. So what happened there? Was demand so high? Did LEGO try to nulify the market somewhat? I just don't know. But whatever might be the reason that this set has re-surfaced again, I will still take a gamble on it. It's 'cheapness' warrants such action.