Technic 2017

ISO8T0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

It is 4wd - you can see the front driveshafts.

Hmmm, are they connected to the wheels or just for show? I can't recall seeing a video with it "rolling."

Ok so.. "I can't wait for someone to modify it with power functions." :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Hmmm, are they connected to the wheels or just for show? I can't recall seeing a video with it "rolling."

Ok so.. "I can't wait for someone to modify it with power functions." :)

I doubt they would put driveshafts in just for show. If you look at the video you can see there are cogs on each fron axle near the portal hubs and when they turn the back right track to rotate the engine pistons, the front right track also rotates. I am guessing there is no central differential, though.

Should be easy to put an L motor in the engine bay instead of the fake one.

Edited by Val-E

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I doubt they would put driveshafts in just for show. If you look at the video you can see there are cogs on each fron axle near the portal hubs and when they turn the back right track to rotate the engine pistons, the front right track also rotates. I am guessing there is no central differential, though.

Should be easy to put an L motor in the engine bay instead of the fake one.

Your eyes are better than mine... that video zips through all the functions at a pace I just can't keep up with!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kd123 said:

I see what appears to be a number 3 red connector! :) oh happy day!

Do you mean this? https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32016#T=S&C=5&O={"color":5}

If so, I get it... that's one really expensive piece. So what you're saying is that when the price drops, this could be a very easy set to sell to Technic moc'ers.

75529-elite-praetorian-guard-4-1501256384_1000x0.jpg

• Like 1

Actually as ridiculous as the prices are for the 3 red connector, buying this set for the two I see in this set to build a moc in red would still be pricey. My hope with this set coming out is that bricks and pieces will start carrying the red3s at a much better price for builders.   

And so this may be a precursor to a decline in price for this piece on bricklink.  

Edited by kd123