PayPal dispute resolution as a buyer.

doon73

Ok, so it looks as though I've been stiffed on a Taj Mahal through delcampe.net. In short, bought last Saturday, on Sunday had a re fund being processed, had an email today saying its failed. Had tried emailing the seller through delcampe and PayPal (both different email) and directly through both sites but no response. The delcampe email no longer exists and their store is now empty. So...........anyone had any luck in getting their money back? And to add insult to injury, just did a search for the image and it popped up on some Hong Kong Pinterest style site!!!

FFS!

40 minutes ago, doon73 said:

Thanks for that. It's obviously gone on my credit card but if it's fraudulent, as I suspect it is and is what I made my claim against, is it PayPal who does the refund if they can't get it off the buyer?

They can more than afford it from the 4% they take on reputable sales and Ebay forcing them on us.

Dont worry about it. You will get your money back.

No tracking info....instant buyer win, though you will probably be asked to file a report at the Online Fraud Agency (cant remember the actual name) and email the reference number to Paypal.

I bought a SOH from ebay couple months back and was sent some old wires. Seller didnt respond just like in your case so eventually opened a case eventually...was too lazy to do it straight away.  If i was out of the ebay guarantee window i'd have opened a Paypal case...they give something like 180 days to do it.  If i had been that lazy and missed that too i'd go to the bank / credit card and start a chargeback. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, thanks all.........

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favour.

We were able to recover $Xxxx USD, and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow 5 working days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.