Black Friday 2016

MrToes16

9 hours ago, AirborneAFOL said:

76026 Grodd's @ $29.99 have been waitlisted at Amazon, but my Target had them in-store...

Well, they DID have them before the almighty arm-sweep filled my cart of them. Easy 30-50% quickflips (parted out) at that buy-in :)

Have at it: 

LEGO Super Heroes Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas $30

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Super-Heroes-Gorilla-Grodd-Goes-Bananas/40996311

scored 5 more Creative Towers instore just sitting in a bin in the toy section.  another out of the way walmart.  2 for 2 today. definitely ymmv but so far so good with picking up stock in the middle of nowhere free standing stores far from malls (happens to be where i live).

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

scored 5 more Creative Towers instore just sitting in a bin in the toy section.  another out of the way walmart.  2 for 2 today. definitely ymmv but so far so good with picking up stock in the middle of nowhere free standing stores far from malls (happens to be where i live).

You paid tax this time so that's no deal.
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, cladner said:

Nice....hit 3 Walmart's of opportunity this morning and not a tower to be found....it definitely shows areas are very different in their behaviors.

11 minutes ago, ponderingzissou said:

That's not Florence KY is it? Is Florence much like Springfield? One in nearly every state?

Florence MA - next door to Northampton MA . yeah  exactly like Springfield . 

The bourbon poached pear crumb pie is great and my favorite.  Sweet potato pumpkin spice pies were quite tasty as well but out of them today. i had to settle for pecan.

I saw lots of people at both walmarts I went to but i didn't see anyone else but me buying LEGO.  must all be on amazon buying from bp'ers.

people were buying clothes, shoes, TVs and video games.  busier than the last 2 years.

Edited by cladner

14 minutes ago, cladner said:

Florence MA - next door to Northampton MA . yeah  exactly like Springfield . 

The bourbon poached pear crumb pie is great and my favorite.  Sweet potato pumpkin spice pies were quite tasty as well but out of them today. i had to settle for pecan.

I saw lots of people at both walmarts I went to but i didn't see anyone else but me buying LEGO.  must all be on amazon buying from bp'ers.

people were buying clothes, shoes, TVs and video games.  busier than the last 2 years.

Pecan pie has always been a favorite. I'll have to try bourbon poached pear crumb pie. Sounds delicious. 

I spent far too much online today (thanks Brickpicker crew from a new member) and only stopped at one actual store. I stopped at a Gamestop and bought two Dimensions items (Sonic $19.99 and A-Team $9.99) to get 2x Green Arrow poly's. Although marked regular price they scanned for online price :). Very happy. I didn't want to make my purchases online because I wasn't sure if I would actually get the Green Arrows. Plus the Sonic level pack was sold out online when I checked. 

From Slashdot (bold highlight by me):

Friday humanity set a new record for the most money ever spent online in a single day -- and the most ever purchased on mobile devices. An anonymous reader writes: Online sales reached $3.34 billion yesterday, up 11.3% from the same day last year, according to a new report from Adobe Digital Insights. And most of that traffic came from mobile devices. In fact, yesterday became "the first day to ever generate over a billion dollars in online sales from mobile devices," according to their report. Although 64% of online sales came from desktop computers, 55% of the traffic to shopping sites still came from mobile devices -- 45% from smartphones, and 10% from tablets. (Just three years ago, only 20% of Black Friday sales came from mobile devices.) The top-grossing products appeared to be iPads and Macbooks, Microsoft's Xbox, and Samsung and LG TVs, while the top-grossing toys were electric scooters, drones, Nerf guns and LEGO sets. The products mostly likely to be "out of stock" yesterday included the new NES Classic and the Nintendo 3DS XL Solgaleo Lunala (black edition), the Playstation VR bundle (and the PS4 "Call of Duty: Black Ops" bundle), and the Xbox One S bundle for Madden NFL 17.

Well done folks! :)

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread please. I wasn't sure where to post. 

Anyone else order (online) creative towers from Walmart on Thanksgiving and still have their order stuck on "processing"? I ordered 2x. I've been checking my account on Walmarts website. I contacted someone at Walmart (via chat) and they told me it was set to ship on Dec 1st (arriving sometime next week). It does worry me though that its taking this long to process the order. I'm afraid it may be cancelled if it isn't shipped soon. I'm not sure I have much faith in what the representative told me about shipping. They could have easily just told me that if they only had the same info that I have. 

Anyone else still stuck in processing limbo? Thanks!

Just now, ponderingzissou said:

Anyone else order (online) creative towers from Walmart on Thanksgiving and still have their order stuck on "processing"? I ordered 2x. I've been checking my account on Walmarts website. I contacted someone at Walmart (via chat) and they told me it was set to ship on Dec 1st (arriving sometime next week). It does worry me though that its taking this long to process the order. I'm afraid it may be cancelled if it isn't shipped soon. I'm not sure I have much faith in what the representative told me about shipping. They could have easily just told me that if they only had the same info that I have. 

I ordered 10 a week ago and they said it would arrive Dec. 7 but it arrived today. Walmart is likely swamped with black friday shipping. It took a week for me, but I would not be surprised if it took a little longer.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ponderingzissou said:

I ordered 8 and they are expected to be delivered tomorrow. They probably are swamped from all those orders. 

• Like 1