LEGO Set Reissues - open speculation

Btw I dont think its good holding on to old habbits when the environment changes dramatically. I guess noone in this Forum ever experienced something we experience now..be it with this Pandemic or with the consequences for the Lego-market or the decisions TLG makes. So we have to adapt very fast. I guess standing still is Death just like everywhere else. And I really think (even if it upsets som long time Resellers, but I certainly dont want to. No offense) we all dont have a single clue what is to come, and everyone is just guessing. And everyones guess is good as the next one.

7 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

so if lego was re releasing ninjago city, surly it would be among the new ninjago sets? as we see only city garden is on the list i cant see city coming out again...

Obviously TLG nowadays can keep secrets if they want to. The Saturn V release is said to be in November. so 1,5 moths before we know...maybe we get the Info in November about Ninjago City...maybe not and it was all coincidence. I dont know.

I'm hearing rumors that the reason Lego is rereleasing some sets is because they are really struggling with having enough variety of product. I've heard that they didn't launch enough good sets in 2020 and need to bring a few old ones out to make the shelves look full again.

I’m not sure I’d agree with that. 2020 has been an epic year for AFOL-level sets. But who knows what people in Billund are thinking.
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, spener90 said:

I'm hearing rumors that the reason Lego is rereleasing some sets is because they are really struggling with having enough variety of product. I've heard that they didn't launch enough good sets in 2020 and need to bring a few old ones out to make the shelves look full again.

image.thumb.png.c7d3bf4dfd03b142c788f4ec764fcfd5.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I think your sarcasm sensor needs new batteries,@DadsAFOL :)

There have been so many "the sky is falling" posts in the past several days, that I'll give him a pass on this one. I'm sitting here making money on DC Super Hero Girls, of all things, so the sky may be falling, but not in terms of selling LEGO.

• Like 3

just speaking to a friend of mine who works at lego HQ, he said the reason they are retiring the hidden side theme, is they are going to re-release the entire theme under a new theme called 'Lego Hidden Side'. all the same sets just with different numbers they expect sales to increase substantially within this new theme.

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

just speaking to a friend of mine who works at lego HQ, he said the reason they are retiring the hidden side theme, is they are going to re-release the entire theme under a new theme called 'Lego Hidden Side'. all the same sets just with different numbers they expect sales to increase substantially within this new theme.

This is absolutely true.

They are also re-releasing 10210 Imperial Flagship due to a letter I wrote to Santa explaining how it's really the only thing left on my "want" list. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

LEGO re-selling is over, guys. Over. You heard it here!

1 hour ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Just got this info from a reliable seller, a truthful source, he simply forwarded an official statement of TLG's ambassador network regarding another market-crashing re-release of one the most successful sets of all time. At this point, I'm really worried this might be the last shot to finish this forum & the whole community off. This might be it! The statement is as following:

"Due to high demand & popularity, significance in the LEGO world & as a service to our fans we are proud to anounce we'll be re-launching set number 75119 - "Jyn Erso" from the Star Wars line. The set will be available again December 1st online on LEGO Shop at Home or at your local stores.

The arrangements with The Walt Disney Company remain the same, they still get their 70% in licensing fees."

Man...I thought they would release just the Head...in really Big!

Edited by benjamin4172