Convention Vendor Advice Appreciated

So they are having a toy/comic/cosplay convention here in Jacksonville later this month. I am going to have a vendor table and will be selling my current Lego stuff and my G.I. Joe's and Transformers from when I was a kid. I wanted to see if anyone else has done this and if they have any advices or recommendations. Also, it's the week of August 20th, should I get a Disney castle and ask like $500-$600, since it won't be available yet? Then if it doesn't sell, keep it for the inevitable Christmas shortage. 

Edited by TigerEyez
Changed title for clarity

• 3 weeks later...

I tried seeling Lego last year in a Comic Con in a small corner of my stand (original art and prints) and my only recomendation is to have cheap/small stuff. It sells easier and way more than the expensive stuff. I used all my VIP points to buy keychains at almost 50% off and they sold like fresh cupcakes.

Edit: Polybags also sell well due to the price point.

Edited by DFC01
  • Like 1

Yep. I took everything and a bunch of my GI Joe's from the 80's. Sold two GI Joe vehicles for $130, a Finn Polybag, a SH Braniac set I priced too low, and a General Grievous buildable. The regulars said it was a way smaller turn out than usual. Got close to selling a Helicarrier I got cheap, but he balked as I was packing up. Literally broke even for my table rent. 

• Like 1