Sports 2017 - Rumor

There's a picture out on the Internet of a rumored new LEGO theme - LEGO Sports.  Not much is known about the theme, other than it might involve football and/or soccer, and maybe a winter sport or two.

If this is true, what sports would you like to see covered by this theme?

• Like 2

I would like to see curling. I would like to be able to throw curling lego stones at family members because nothing could possibly go wrong.

I could MOC one up for you right now. Just need some white tiles, a bley brick and some minifigs with janitor scrub brushes.

Stationary swimming could be a winner too. I'll hook you up with that too if you'd like.

11 hours ago, Mhd747 said:

Anybody remember the nba sets lego released at start of 2000's? I thought the were really great and surprised they never released any follow up basketball teams

Yeah, with those spring-y legs. I may still find couple of those minifigs laying around...

22 hours ago, AZNSalinas96 said:

NASCAR sets with iconic drivers like Jeff Gordonemoji41.png

Unfortunately, I dont know if megablocks previously holding the license will affect this

NASCAR only runs 3 different cars: Ford Fusion, Chevy SS, Toyota Camry

The rest would rely on all the stickers...grumble...grumble... look at 458 Italia GT2

22 hours ago, jaxman said:

UCS sets of major stadiums, Fenway, Wrigley, Lambeau

I love the Baseball Stadium idea..... call up OYO

• Like 1

I'm curious to see what they will do with football.

There have been attempts at a dedicated football theme before.

First in 1998 with the basic Lego System sets. These had printed baseplates, some bleachers and custom minifigures, but no real play features.

3302-1.jpg

In 2000 they released the first football fields with an actual play feature. These are basically Lego versions of the toy football fields that were commonly available back in the day. There were some re-releases with different minifigures.

51XSEAEZ30L.jpg

In 2006 there was an updated version of the stadium which looked a bit less 'LEGO-like' and was more portable overall.

3569-1.jpg