Mech MOCs

TheOrcKing

Wow wow wow wow wow!

Holy Flirking Schnit! This dude needs to be working at LEGO in the design department!!! How did he get one button to engage four different light bricks?!? Amazing work! I hope that is on the CUUSOO website!

Awesome!!! Best Mech I have ever seen.

I know right! I remember the news post where I came across this in the first place said how much this REALLY needs to be on CUUSOO. (I just checked and it's not, unfortunately.) If it was on CUUSOO it would probably get supported so fast it'd make your head spin!

I haven't had a chance to play around with those light bricks myself, so I haven't the foggiest on how he managed to pull that off. But still, wwwwoooooooooowwww!

I'm just left wondering......how much does that thing weigh?! Jeeze!

Wasn't exo-force a mech theme?

Kinda. It was more of an 'anime' theme, overall. I think Ed is referring to something across the lines of Mechwarrior/Battletech.

Anybody remember the short lived ROBOFORCE?

It only had four sets!

Dude could make some bank if he sold instructions for the set. I would be all over a copy.

Totally!

Yeah...but crappy ones. I'm talking a REAL Mech theme...like this MOC.

They weren't that bad. I mean, look at the average retail of those EXOFORCE sets. It was around $15-$20, a few were actually $30. You won't get much detail in sets like that.

Besides being an 'anime' theme, the designs themselves could arguably be considered closer to exosuits or robotic armor than actual mechs. I know it's a annoying game of 'semantics', I'm just saying that technical they weren't exactly mechs.

I hope everyone has seen the Exo Suit on CUUSOO and supported it! (Though there will have to be some significant changes to be made for it to pass though.)

They weren't that bad. I mean, look at the average retail of those EXOFORCE sets. It was around $15-$20, a few were actually $30. You won't get much detail in sets like that.

Besides being an 'anime' theme, the designs themselves could argueably be considered closer to exosuits or robotic armor than actual mechs. I know it's a annoying game of 'semantics', I'm just saying that technical they weren't exactly mechs.

I hope everyone has seen the Exo Suit on CUUSOO and supported it! (Though there will have to be some significant changes to be made for it to pass though.)

Nah, they weren't that bad. I have two Exoforce displays which are rather cool. But they are basic. LEGO needs to start coming up with more advanced models to build and a set like this MOC would be an awesome start.

Nah, they weren't that bad. I have two Exoforce displays which are rather cool. But they are basic. LEGO needs to start coming up with more advanced models to build and a set like this MOC would be an awesome start.

I've seen a couple of EXOFORCE displays, they're pretty cool. Yes, their designs were rather basic. They kinda were simple robotic suits with a guy just stuck in there. Looking back on it, LEGO could have took a little more of an influence from the designs of the "Exo-Squad" cartoon. I still have my collection of "Exo-Squad" exosuits and when you compare the two, "Exo-Squad" just has more detail than EXOFORCE.

At least most of the CUUSOO projects I've come across are nicely detailed, even the mini-builds.

LEGO does need to put some creative effort into an actual Mech theme.

I contacted Zane and this is what he said:

I asked if he planned on making instructions for the set.

"I have not at this point. I have had a few requests for them so I might make an LDD file when I'm ready to take it apart, that will probably be in a few months or so. I'll let you know if I do".

Take it apart?!!

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....Anywho, that's some good news. I wonder just how many pages would a set of instructions for something this awesomely kickass to take?

After seeing something as awesome as that Atlas mech, it's become rather difficult to look at any other mech design and say "hey that's cool" since everything seems pale in comparison.

Still, check out this trippy mech for Killer Croc!

Killer Croc Mech - Larry Lars of flickr

Now this just looks wicked! I love the hidden shoulder missiles!

Trippy cockpit dome piece. The little added details to the minifigure really make him pop!

• 4 weeks later...

Have you been naughty? Then prepare to get your butt whooped with Santa's brand spanking new Mech!

Mark Anderson (andertoons) has created this rather unique tool for spreading joy (or fear) this Christmas Season!

Santa Mech gallery - andertoons on flickr

I simply love the creative design behind this, like how the arms have the words "Naughty" and "Nice" on the side.

• 2 months later...