First LEGO set you owned

Lordoflego

6270-1.jpg

For me it was 6270 Forbidden Island.  Fond memories of this one and all my childhood LEGO.  I remember all the subsequent pirate sets i got had the "redcoat" imperials so the one "bluecoat" imperial always held a position of command because he was the only one I had.

Last year when I was home I retrieved all my childhood LEGO (Just a mass of bulk pieces and manuals).  Threw them all in a case and brought them home.  Airport security raised there eyebrows at the hard shell pelican case with 60 pounds of LEGO in it :P.  Been sorting through them when I can.  So eventually this set and all my other childhood sets will be reassembled and and enjoyed again.  Can't wait....just the amount of time it will take is daunting.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

UCS Slave 1. I'm 41. I was all G.I Joe and Transformers when I was a kid. The funny thing is I'm going to pick up all my old toys from my parents basement this weekend and I'm going to sell them to pay for my newly acquired Lego habit.  I figure there's no better time to sell that GI Joe and Transformer stuff, I know guys in their 40s will buy stuff like that, but I can't see guys in their 50s or 60s buying a bunch of old toys. I have a ton of figures and a lot of the bigger vehicles.  I used all my allowance and every other penny I earned doing odd jobs on smaller vehicles and Transformers and then all I asked for for birthdays and Xmas from 6 years was the planes and bases, etc. Unfortunately my parents weren't nuts, so the aircraft carrier isn't one of them. 

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

Mine was 661 Spirit of St Louis and only realised a few days ago. I went in my aunty's attic over the weekend to check if I still had my old shotgun and fishing equipment and there it was sat in it's damp box partially built. I put it back in a Ziploc bag and reboxed it for safe keeping and, of course, it's now a set that I'll never part with. I still prefer the old days of "proper" LEGO bricks and not the arty-farty bricks you get these days.

Edited by TabbyBoy
Typo

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

Sounds like you've been doing too many ebay listings if this is the way you're talking normally :D

40yrs in a dampish box will make anybody talk like this ;-) You're right about one thing, I'm hitting eBay hard to get rid of the dregs.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:25 PM, Mhd747 said:

6755: Sheriff's Lock-Up

It seems like most people hate the western theme, but i absolutely loved this set! My favorite from this set was that it included a money safe and coins / notes.

I loved the wild west stuff as a child in both putting together the builds and staging scenes with those dynamite bricks & all that. What a blast.

18 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I still prefer the old days of "proper" LEGO bricks and not the arty-farty bricks you get these days.

wonka more.jpg

• Like 1