Star Trek TV Show Trailer

Hmm will this be the continuation of original universe/timeline or the abomination of new movies universe ?

No matter, IMHO they should start a new parallel universe withe new rules and tech.  This new universe should have a few anomalies / portals / wormholes  where characters or even ships from either original timeline or movie timeline can go in and out.  BOOM! :money:

And yes, I would not mind if a certain deep space station & crews get suck into one of this anomaly/portal/wormhole :geek:

First off - I'm excited and I'm willing to pay for All Access if the cost is right. My wife and I are big Survivor and Amazing Race fans as well so this helps get us closer to cutting the cord completely.

Secondly - with Kurtzman, I would assume it's the new timeline. I have no problem with the new timeline. Obviously we won't get Kirk and company and we're not getting a TNG crew. But damn I just want a brand spanking new Stat Trek series with little baggage but lots of nods.

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

Secondly - with Kurtzman, I would assume it's the new timeline. I have no problem with the new timeline. Obviously we won't get Kirk and company and we're not getting a TNG crew. But damn I just want a brand spanking new Stat Trek series with little baggage but lots of nods.

I am fine with new timeline but 100 years in the future of events in new ST movies.  This was how ST:TOS movies coexisted with TNG TV series, no need to tweak previously working formula ;)

If the creators really have balls, they should create a universe that is really different from TNG as consequences of events in the new movies.  For example, military minded Vulcans as result of destruction of Vulcan Prime and/or peace loving Klingons since Khan forced the Klingons-Federation wars right after movie 2.

ETA: actually, I would be disappointed if the new future timeline is not radically different than TNG, cf Mirror Mirror episode, 

• Like 2