75158 - Rebel Combat Frigate

exciter1

5 hours ago, hockeyweasel said:

I did see it at TRU.  The other interesting thing is that on LEGO Shop at Home, it is in the "Online Only" category along with some other sets.  For example, Rha's al Ghul and Doctor Strange and the Tanker Truck Takedown.

Correct. Word on the street is that "exclusives" retailers have complained about exclusive items also being on sale in LEGO b&m stores, and that TLG has obliged and now no longer stocks those in stores but only online, hence the tag.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
18 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

Interesting tagged as Retiring Soon on shop at home in the US. If it goes soon, that's a pretty short shelf life.

I had a feeling this would retire quickly along with Captain Rex's AT-TE 

I already picked one up to get the minifigs and sell off the ship.  Adult Ahsoka goes for a pretty penny by herself.  Might be an interesting investment if TRU starts putting these on sale again soon.  

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

TLG is telling us they won´t be stocking it much longer but that doesn´t stop them passing thousands of them on to TRU and having it fester there for years - wouldn´t be the first time.

Hence saying "if it goes soon". This has happened with other themes, but not with Star Wars that I can recall with a set only lasting potentially 6 months. 

24 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

What about 75150: Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-wing Starfighter?

Sorry, to clarify, I was referring specifically to the TRU exclusive tag in the US, not just that time frame in general. I can think of others that lingered at TRU (75025, Palpatine's Arrest), but they had a longer release life. Again, assuming this one actually sells out/retires soon.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

Do you really see that happening? I want one but don't want to miss it lol. I have like 120 dollars in points on lego.com was thinking of using them on it.

Just buy one, use a coupon, points or something.  Don't miss out and reap the rewards later.

• Like 5

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy
54 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

Just been to Toys R Us and there were six of these filling up their shelf space at £84.99. Turd radar pinging for this one.

What current Star Wars set isn't a turd these days? The UCS MF being the only exception, but it ain't worth anywhere near £649.99.