Star Wars May the 4th Lego Specials Start Tonight

Val-E

12 minutes ago, Val-E said:

True, the Porsche 911 set was surely a response to demand from AFOL´s for a big supercar with a proper gearbox. Now that it´s done, some are complaining about the price or llack of innovation, so maybe they should just focus on rehashing existing sets as they can´t seem to win!

It does show that they do listen so keep suggesting things you would like and you never know, that UCS Leia in a bikini scale model might be round the corner - or they might to Jar Jar!

The Porsche 911 set is an all time classic in my book and the price tag keeps it an elite set IMO.  

8 minutes ago, trekgate502 said:

here is an interesting exchange from September 5, 2014 looks like jais was dead on in his comment.  It also ties with the comment that I still cannot find about Lego saying they want all sets to be play sets that either happened or I dreamed.  Do not be surprised if there is more play sets.

stephen_rockefeller:

UCS and playset.......not synonymous.

jaisonline:
Currently, yes. Tomorrow? Not so sure. 
Lego has been acting more and more like a typical action figure & doll company. 
It looks like we are seeing more UCS badges slapped on playable sets. The last 2 UCS sets (including the Salve 1) have ample playability so why not release a playset in the near future. 
Then again, who knows. 

I would like to think that the Assault on Hoth set was more of a "filler" set between major releases.  I can accept a UCS playset, just make it a worthwhile one.  If they threw in an AT-AT to the Assault on Hoth set and made it $299.99, with around 3500 pieces, that would be acceptable and exceptional.  

Just now, Ed Mack said:

I would like to think that the Assault on Hoth set was more of a "filler" set between major releases.  I can accept a UCS playset, just make it a worthwhile one.  If they threw in an AT-AT to the Assault on Hoth set and made it $299.99, with around 3500 pieces, that would be acceptable and exceptional.  

Agree with you

Found this thread from early 2014 lol the first few posts no longer have content I wonder if someone has what it is referring to.
Someone makes this comment to whatever was at the beginning of the thread
"Hopefully the press release was incorrect, and they will only be using it on the significant sets (not on every SW exclusive)."

Not to hijack the thread but the Porsche set will be huge.  My father who does not care squat about lego except to build the Christmas buildings each year with the grandchildren has asked me to order him 3 of these.  One for himself and the other two for friends that have Porsches.   My father is a huge Porsche guy who has a whole garage now dedicated to his collection of cars and Porsche memorabilia.  This set will be in there day one and I would not be surprised if he does not ask me to order another down the road to set back.  Plus this set has been on every single Porsche web site and there has been lots of postings about this set and guys wanting it.  .  Don't be fooled.  These people all have F%$k You money, and to drop $300- $600 is like members on here excited to get some $20 set for $5.  This is such a different monster.  The Hoth set is an utter joke for me.  I can and have many items already from this set from years past sets.  Plus we all know that they will redo these sets over and over.  But this Porsche,  this is one and done at least in this style.  I can only hope they make older 356 styles, or mid 80's with the whale tail.  I can't imagine how big this will be in Europe as well.   A huge huge home run in my book.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deeker said:

Not to hijack the thread but the Porsche set will be huge.  My father who does not care squat about lego except to build the Christmas buildings each year with the grandchildren has asked me to order him 3 of these.  One for himself and the other two for friends that have Porsches.   My father is a huge Porsche guy who has a whole garage now dedicated to his collection of cars and Porsche memorabilia.  This set will be in there day one and I would not be surprised if he does not ask me to order another down the road to set back.  Plus this set has been on every single Porsche web site and there has been lots of postings about this set and guys wanting it.  .  Don't be fooled.  These people all have F%$k You money, and to drop $300- $600 is like members on here excited to get some $20 set for $5.  This is such a different monster.  The Hoth set is an utter joke for me.  I can and have many items already from this set from years past sets.  Plus we all know that they will redo these sets over and over.  But this Porsche,  this is one and done at least in this style.  I can only hope they make older 356 styles, or mid 80's with the whale tail.  I can't imagine how big this will be in Europe as well.   A huge huge home run in my book.  

So you're saying its CEO worthy?

I have to agree