Review feedback poll

Feedback on Review Articles  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Out of the Box reviews?

• I loved them, they really made me laugh.
    • I thought they were ok.
    • I could tolerate them, but prefer more informational reviews.
    • I hated them, stop doing that.
    • I don't read reviews.
  2. 2. Why do you read the reviews on Brickpicker?

• Because there's a set that I am interested in.
    • Because I like to read stuff like that
    • Because it's better than building it myself to find out I don't like it.
    • I don't read the reviews
  3. 3. What kind of reviews do you prefer?

• Larger, more expensive sets
    • Sets from themes that interest me
    • Sets from themes that I don't pay attention to. (They inform me of what is out there)
    • I can make up my own mind, so I don't read them.

I wanted to take a moment to thank people for reading the reviews that are being posted. I'd love to know what your opinions are. I put this poll in place to help to figure out some of what people do and don't enjoy.

I also wanted to take a moment to explain my 2 most recent articles. I didn't really want to own either of these sets, and I had to come up with an interesting way to make me want to do them. I just took my smaller set review ideas like the microfighters and battlepacks and made it more of a story. I don't know if people really like it. I picked up a couple mighty micros that I might try to make a hybrid, but that really depends on if people actually like the commentary from the minifigures.

I've also got a few sets of themes that I don't normally touch because I thought people might find some of it interesting if they wanted to know about sets that weren't Exclusives or Star Wars or Super Heroes.

I'm really hoping that @Poly 30286 can do some from her perspective. (that's right, I called you out poly.) I love the reviews that @Quacs and @Roy vd M. did.

I think I mistyped it in the poll, it's supposed to be outside the box, it's the different title that I gave to the ones that are supposed to be kind of, well, outside the normal box. Informal, funny, different angle, all of those apply. Ed wanted me to distinguish them from the normal reviews so people wouldn't be off put from reading the normal ones if they didn't like these. The 2 that were done were sort of a test. Readership numbers seem to be about normal, but I am not seeing if people don't like them, I thought an anonymous poll might get me a better idea of if people thought it was irritating.

I am good with the normal reviews or the outside the box reviews as well.  I like that you have a passion for lego and it shows with your reviews.  I am a collector that has never sold a set ever, but this is my favorite lego site due to the fantastic moderators that keep it mature, crisp, on point, and the people who really take time to put up videos or reviews such as yourself.   Sometimes I am not really interested in buying a set till I see your reviews, or not buy, ie spiderman/rhino set:)

Please keep up the great work

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, waydog said:

I am good with the normal reviews or the outside the box reviews as well.  I like that you have a passion for lego and it shows with your reviews.  I am a collector that has never sold a set ever, but this is my favorite lego site due to the fantastic moderators that keep it mature, crisp, on point, and the people who really take time to put up videos or reviews such as yourself.   Sometimes I am not really interested in buying a set till I see your reviews, or not buy, ie spiderman/rhino set:)

Please keep up the great work

Speaking of moderators that keep it mature, special thanks goes out to @jaisonline for pulling back a bunch of my off color jokes in the Sandman/Rhino one. Without that, it would have been a non-starter.

I've liked your reviews on the Star Wars sets, which is mostly what I collect.

Your out of the box reviews were okay, but I'm not a collector of Super Heroes sets so putting them in context is a bit difficult.  Super Heroes sets seem to be all about the minifigs and nothing special about the build, so they are likely harder to review.

Anyway, keep it up.

@thoroakenfelder Some of us are just trying to find time to play with our toys, never mind finding the time to capture every frame of the building process. (jeeeez!)

I do have some pics of unboxing and through bag 4 of 41078 Skyra's Mysterious Sky Castle as I was hoping to post a review in time for dirt cheap clearance buys, but, you know, life happens. Sorry if I am failing on my journalistic obligations.

3 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Speaking of moderators that keep it mature, special thanks goes out to @jaisonline for pulling back a bunch of my off color jokes in the Sandman/Rhino one. Without that, it would have been a non-starter.

It is a pleasure to help members such as yourself who are contributing content.  I know from experience, writing reviews isn't always fun and can be arduous. We appreciate the effort by all.