Dr. Strange Trailer

Loghamel

Another origins story.  Don’t get me wrong sure it’ll be fine, I’ve always liked Dr Strange and the animated origins story from 2007(?) was pretty good.  I just hope they’re able to do justice to all (with all) of the characters they’re bringing in before super hero fatigue really sets in.   Although in this case I guess he’ll play a role in Infinity gauntlet, sans Adam Warlock.   

4 hours ago, feed said:

Another origins story.  Don’t get me wrong sure it’ll be fine, I’ve always liked Dr Strange and the animated origins story from 2007(?) was pretty good.  I just hope they’re able to do justice to all (with all) of the characters they’re bringing in before super hero fatigue really sets in.   Although in this case I guess he’ll play a role in Infinity gauntlet, sans Adam Warlock.   

Yes another origin story but 99% of people going to this movie don't know this character's origin so I think you have to start at the beginning. Batman's origin story scenes in Bat vs. Supes? Not necessary because everyone knows Batman's origin. Although, I personally thought that was ok because it was only 5 minutes or so.   

46 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

Yes another origin story but 99% of people going to this movie don't know this character's origin so I think you have to start at the beginning. Batman's origin story scenes in Bat vs. Supes? Not necessary because everyone knows Batman's origin. Although, I personally thought that was ok because it was only 5 minutes or so.   

Agreed about Doctor Strange.  I'm pretty steeped in history, and barely remember his origin (which is touched upon in the trailer).

As for the BvS origin - there are still people that don't know (my wife didn't really know it).  I thought the origin was really just to remind people to Bruce's mother's name.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Agreed about Doctor Strange.  I'm pretty steeped in history, and barely remember his origin (which is touched upon in the trailer).

As for the BvS origin - there are still people that don't know (my wife didn't really know it).  I thought the origin was really just to remind people to Bruce's mother's name.

There has not been a successful Dr. Strange comic series in at least the last 30 years. It has never been a top tier character although the current series by Jason Aaron is terrific and the best characterization of the character I have ever read.    

8 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

There has not been a successful Dr. Strange comic series in at least the last 30 years. It has never been a top tier character although the current series by Jason Aaron is terrific and the best characterization of the character I have ever read.    

Dr. Strange (like Zatanna) is best used as support character.  He was good mentor / partner for Spider-Man when he had to deal with magic stuffs 

49 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Dr. Strange (like Zatanna) is best used as support character.  He was good mentor / partner for Spider-Man when he had to deal with magic stuffs 

Funny you mention Zatanna, because that's immediately who I thought of, when I mentioned magic users / Justice League Dark.

I will be curious to see how they incorporate magic into the MCU.  Even the Asgardians are just a really advanced race of aliens.  Other than Ant-Man, we haven't had a super hero origin story since the first Avengers movie.  Ant-Man tied in nicely, but not sure how DS will tie in.  (GotG doesn't count - it wasn't on Earth).

I know there have been some good runs on DS in the comics, but even going back to the 80s, when I started reading, I just never got into DS.  I think I may have owned less than 5 DS books over my life time, and they must have been crossover events.  I never even picked up the Defenders when it was he, Namor, and Hulk.

13 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Funny you mention Zatanna, because that's immediately who I thought of, when I mentioned magic users / Justice League Dark.

I will be curious to see how they incorporate magic into the MCU.  Even the Asgardians are just a really advanced race of aliens.  Other than Ant-Man, we haven't had a super hero origin story since the first Avengers movie.  Ant-Man tied in nicely, but not sure how DS will tie in.  (GotG doesn't count - it wasn't on Earth).

I know there have been some good runs on DS in the comics, but even going back to the 80s, when I started reading, I just never got into DS.  I think I may have owned less than 5 DS books over my life time, and they must have been crossover events.  I never even picked up the Defenders when it was he, Namor, and Hulk.

Well, Zatanna was (is?) member of JL ;)

The trailer never mentioned magic.  If I did not know any better I would think Doctor Strange's power is travelling between parallel universes

This was one of those characters who had me at hello with their name alone. Haha. Also I can recall the artwork by Steve Ditko within some of the original Strange Tales which were beautifully abstract trips through the surreal mystics. Anyway, Benedict may give the classic Marvel character a younger appearance than expected however he should lend the prestige the great doctor deserves.

24 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Well, Zatanna was (is?) member of JL ;)

The trailer never mentioned magic.  If I did not know any better I would think Doctor Strange's power is travelling between parallel universes

New 52, blah blah blah.  Trust me, *my* Zatanna is a member of the Justice League from the satellite era and the Detroit league.  Nowadays, she hangs around the JL Dark.

Guest brickcrazyhouse
2 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

Zatanna, a lady so classy and beautiful, it should be a crime. Also a lady whose attire makes it very difficult to find one image decent enough to post here. Haha. :rofl:

s-l500.jpg