I spend my time as a Walmart Assistant Manager

50 minutes ago, Nsheppard9101 said:

I have a Walmart down the road from me and will more likely start making trips there to check for clearance. My question is is there a certain clearance aisle or place for these Legos? I went to B&N the other day asked "is this where ALL the Legos are even clearance?" The girl replied yes. So I couldn't find anything (despite their site showing inventory) so for giggles I called the next day asked the guy to Check 2 skus for me. Sure enough "yes sir I found them in our clearance section"....I don't want the same issue at Walmart. So I figured I would ask. Is it in the regular Lego aisle? Another toy aisle that is the "clearance aisle" or is it in a complete different part of the store? I'm sure it can be store by store but I'd like an overall idea on "where to check" for this stuff. Thanks

Clearance time at WM is as good as over ... what's left has been picked over several times, and it's unlikely new sets will be added until the summer clearance before the ramp-up to Christmas.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday on a Walmart trip I noticed some Angry Bird Lego's in the clearance section (only 10% off). The home on the shelf was empty yet the price tag reflected the discounted price. Things like this happen randomly so I will try to explain how.

The Angry Bird Lego's came in on a large cardboard display before the shelves set with the new merchandise. A manager (in this case the store manager) wanted the display gone. A quick scan of the item told the associate that the item had no home, off to clearance it went. Days later they set the shelves, printing all the shelf tags after they already changed the price. They set the shelves and no one realized/remembered the Angry Birds were in clearance area.

This is a case of too many hands in the pot. The store manager told the "clearance lady" to get rid of the display. An overnight team set the Lego mod (shelves). Mod was filled by the department manager. Ideally the department manager would realize what happened but they didn't.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have began working at a local Walmart. I have several years of customer service experience and experience as a supervisor. I am considering getting my bachelor's degree in business administration and would like to know what I can do to move into management in Walmart? 

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2017 at 7:35 PM, BigGuy42 said:

Hello, I have began working at a local Walmart. I have several years of customer service experience and experience as a supervisor. I am considering getting my bachelor's degree in business administration and would like to know what I can do to move into management in Walmart? 

Learn how to correctly count the exact number of items between 1 and 30 and enter the correct quantities into a computer.  You just moved to the top of the list if you can demonstrate this at the interview.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1