Is this a good deal for a lot from Craigslist??

I'm wanted to get this Lego lot from Craigslist for my kids. There are 5 boxes total and the cost is $250. I asked if there were mini figures included and she took a picture with some pulled out from one box to show. I'm assuming the other boxes have some as well. I know it's not a bad deal- but is it a good deal? Usually ads say how much it weighs, then I can just go off a price per pound. Thanks so much for any help/ input!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

For resale, maybe or maybe not, but a lot of work. For kids and building, yes!!!

Awesome thanks so much!  It will be for my kids to play with :). This one was harder to gauge if it was a really good deal without knowing price per lb.. But it does seem like a lot from the pics.  Just wanted to double check with the pros here!

ty

21 minutes ago, Bags751 said:

Just be prepared to wash all of that. I can see some stuff building up on the underside of some of those plates/bricks. It looks like it has been stored in a garage in a cardboard box? 

Yeah, I'm assuming that's how they were stored.  And yep- I'll be picking up some over sized mesh bags to give them a good cleaning and soak in the tub!  

When I see lots listed on Craigslist as price per pound, I assume it's probably a reseller that knows at least a little something about which sets or minifigures are worth some money and that those have probably been taken out and whats left is just random pieces and incomplete sets. I'd much rather find something like this listed. You never know what you could find in there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ash339 said:

I'm wanted to get this Lego lot from Craigslist for my kids. There are 5 boxes total and the cost is $250. I asked if there were mini figures included and she took a picture with some pulled out from one box to show. I'm assuming the other boxes have some as well. I know it's not a bad deal- but is it a good deal? Usually ads say how much it weighs, then I can just go off a price per pound. Thanks so much for any help/ input!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You should have no problem making a good deal of money on that lot even if all you do is separate out the mini figs and sell the bricks by weight in lots. After washing it of course.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Clintonjoseph said:

When I see lots listed on Craigslist as price per pound, I assume it's probably a reseller that knows at least a little something about which sets or minifigures are worth some money and that those have probably been taken out and whats left is just random pieces and incomplete sets. I'd much rather find something like this listed. You never know what you could find in there. 

That was my thinking as well.  And it was a mom selling off her kids Lego collection that was no longer being played with.  I already got it and it's about 100lbs (I don't have a scale but each box feels to be no lighter than 20 lbs).  And out of two boxes that I've sorted so far- there's maybe 2lbs of minfigs and accessories ranging from Harry Potter, spongebob, Star Wars, dinosaurs, and random city people.  Plus there's a decent amout of partial builds that will be helpful to look up online and see what sets I can try to find within the lot, one being part of a Harry Potter set.  I can't wait to get to the other 3 boxes tonight and sort!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, schmidtywerben said:

Right??  Man, how awesome would it have been if my parents would have bought be boxes and boxes of LEGO when I was a kid.  I'm sure they'll love it!

Well they got a preview of some last night, after picking them up- my kids were loving it and didnt want to go to bed because they just wanted to play Lego!  But we kept most of the lot hidden because we want to sort and clean first, then give it to them for my oldest's Lego themed birthday next month :)

and you know what- this isn't the first larger sized lot I've purchased either!  The whole family has actually gotten into Lego after my oldest did.  My husband and I even like to build on own after the kids are in bed!  But I love to encourage such a good activity for their minds and can't pass up a good deal when I come across one!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Robertx said:

Pulling the trigger on this for $220. Seems like a pretty good deal. Emailed back and forth with the guy a few times. Includes all mini figs. 

If everything on that list is included in this deal, to me that seems like one heck of a deal, almost too good to be true.  Of course there are the small details not mentioned; are any MISB or are all sets opened? Are all complete except the ones mentioned? If opened, is the box and/or instructions included? If it were me, I'd be jumping on this deal too.

4 minutes ago, schmidtywerben said:

If everything on that list is included in this deal, to me that seems like one heck of a deal, almost too good to be true.  Of course there are the small details not mentioned; are any MISB or are all sets opened? Are all complete except the ones mentioned? If opened, is the box and/or instructions included? If it were me, I'd be jumping on this deal too.

All are opened. All complete except as noted. And he said parts may be in some of the other boxes that he mentions assorted bricks in. He's not really sure. Only boxes are where noted. But even used its a pretty nice deal. 

Edited by Robertx
Added sentence.

33 minutes ago, Robertx said:

All are opened. All complete except as noted. And he said parts may be in some of the other boxes that he mentions assorted bricks in. He's not really sure. Only boxes are where noted. But even used its a pretty nice deal. 

I'd have t o agree with you, even used, I see it all as a great deal and would definitely take it up.  Even used and complete, some of these sets would most likely turn up a profit if you're looking for resell.  Good luck to you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, schmidtywerben said:

I'd have t o agree with you, even used, I see it all as a great deal and would definitely take it up.  Even used and complete, some of these sets would most likely turn up a profit if you're looking for resell.  Good luck to you!

I'll post an update after the deal is done. And a lot of it is so my 7 year old can play with. Will probably sell enough to get my money back and keep the rest