Need listing advice

Browsed a few pages of the Buy&Sell forum and couldn't find an appropriate thread to post this in.... if a Mod sees a fitting place please feel free to move the post. 

Last weekend I picked up a bulk SW lot on CL. Spent the last week running the sets through Bricklink Inventory lists and verifying any missing parts. They're all older SW sets. Included are some of the original micro fighters, called Mini back then. From the sets of instructions, I've got parts of two series, but neither series is complete. [4484, 4485, 4487] is a 3/4 complete series, and I've got [4490, 4491] which is 1/2 of a complete series. Blah blah blah... what the heck am I waffling on about? 

Well, these series evidently included some extra parts in each set within the series... the idea being Kids would drive their parents to buy the full collection, because if you do, you get all the parts combined from the 4 sets to make a 5th set. This is the case with the 448x series, and 449x series. Now... I don't have the full series in this lot I purchased, and none of the extra parts were included. 

Which brings me around to my question.... How would you guys list these to avoid a SNAD? The sets themselves as pictured on the instructions, are 100% complete.... but if you cross check it against Bricklink's inventory, they're all about "75%" complete as each extra 25% contributes to an extra ship. The extra ship is included in all the instruction booklets at the back. I'm just worried a buyer will file a Not as Described claim if they were to check Bricklink's Inventory. It took me a few minutes to figure it out myself, I thought I was missing pieces. Judging by the Fruitcakes thread, I don't have a lot of faith that Joe Buyer is going to figure it out. So, is the safest thing to just write a big spiel like this in my listing, clearly stating the extra parts for the bonus ship are not included? I figure this is the route to take, but I'm just looking for some experienced insight. Maybe some of you guys have sold these minis before and have some experience with them? 

Cheers folks! 

Edited by Zelgazra

10 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

Browsed a few pages of the Buy&Sell forum and couldn't find an appropriate thread to post this in.... if a Mod sees a fitting place please feel free to move the post. 

Last weekend I picked up a bulk SW lot on CL. Spent the last week running the sets through Bricklink Inventory lists and verifying any missing parts. They're all older SW sets. Included are some of the original micro fighters, called Mini back then. From the sets of instructions, I've got parts of two series, but neither series is complete. [4484, 4485, 4487] is a 3/4 complete series, and I've got [4490, 4491] which is 1/2 of a complete series. Blah blah blah... what the heck am I waffling on about? 

Well, these series evidently included some extra parts in each set within the series... the idea being Kids would drive their parents to buy the full collection, because if you do, you get all the parts combined from the 4 sets to make a 5th set. This is the case with the 448x series, and 449x series. Now... I don't have the full series in this lot I purchased, and none of the extra parts were included. 

Which brings me around to my question.... How would you guys list these to avoid a SNAD? The sets themselves as pictured on the instructions, are 100% complete.... but if you cross check it against Bricklink's inventory, they're all about "75%" complete as each extra 25% contributes to an extra ship. The extra ship is included in all the instruction booklets at the back. I'm just worried a buyer will file a Not as Described claim if they were to check Bricklink's Inventory. It took me a few minutes to figure it out myself, I thought I was missing pieces. Judging by the Fruitcakes thread, I don't have a lot of faith that Joe Buyer is going to figure it out. So, is the safest thing to just write a big spiel like this in my listing, clearly stating the extra parts for the bonus ship are not included? I figure this is the route to take, but I'm just looking for some experienced insight. Maybe some of you guys have sold these minis before and have some experience with them? 

Cheers folks! 

Tricky situation, but IMO your best bet is to ..

- in the title, list the sets for sale using the set numbers, i.e. LEGO X-wing Fighter and TIE Advanced - Mini 4483
- as your very first line in your description, state Only contains parts for the main model as displayed in the photos. extra pieces for the bonus model are not included! (and then obviously put up a nice photo or photos of what they are getting and nothing more)

And then move on to your regular listing style such as "bricks are clean, good condition" if applicable, etc.

If a buyer is going to read anything, it'll likely be the first line. If you keep claims of completeness out of the title and put that disclaimer in the first line, then there is no way any sane ebay representative wouldn't support you in a SNAD case. It's those claims of 100% complete or photos that show items not included that get sellers in trouble in the first place.

• Like 1