PayPal at Shop at Home

MarleyMoose

8 hours ago, chinothegeeko said:

For some reason all I can think of it as another way to try to track resellers.

PayPal simply offers (or tries to offer) lower per transaction fees than major credit card companies. They started with the small merchants and are now going after bigger ones...

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I don´t see paypal listed as accepted on any SAH site payment options. Did I miss something?

I guess this is another USA exclusive .... :P 

Curious.... Does the American LEGO Shop at Home offer the option to make an order with "pay after delivery" option, like we have here?

33 minutes ago, Haay said:

I guess this is another USA exclusive .... :P 

Curious.... Does the American LEGO Shop at Home offer the option to make an order with "pay after delivery" option, like we have here?

Yes, confirmed also here. LEGO Shop at Home in Italy does not offer Paypal service, just regular credit card straight service. I don't think we have an option like "pay after delivery" neither.

The only things you can really choose are if you want to order via site or by phone and whether you want to go for an express or fast shipping.

Yeah, thanks I just had a look for myself. AFAIK it´s not available for any European location yet but I guess it will happen at some stage.

Could be a profitable move as all those reselllers with paypal money to burn now have another option to spend it on.

It will be interesting to see if Amazon ever decide to accept it - hell might freeze over first.

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Yeah, thanks I just had a look for myself. AFAIK it´s not available for any European location yet but I guess it will happen at some stage.

Could be a profitable move as all those reselllers with paypal money to burn now have another option to spend it on.

It will be interesting to see if Amazon ever decide to accept it - hell might freeze over first.

Yesterday I made my latest 2xVIP points order and the Paypal option was visible. I didn't use it though as I proceeded as usual using my credit card.

Edited by Brian Briggs

5 hours ago, c_rpg said:

This may be kind of selfish, but isn't this bad news? There's a lot of people that don't have a credit card which will now be able to buy on LEGO Shop at Home as well, meaning exclusives are a bit easier to come by for them.

I don't have a credit card and use my PayPal debit card to buy from LEGO Shop at Home. I don't think offering PayPal will have the impact you're predicting.

Does this open up more doors for the less ethical buyers? I'm under the impression that anything you purchase with PayPal has a 6 month return window or something insane long like that. Anyone think the Lego Store will stand for that? Maybe they wrote some fine print in their agreement with PayPal to avoid it? Gives those folks that buy on a gamble and return when it doesn't pan out that much bigger of a window to be shady in.... am I misunderstanding how PayPal's return protection works? Could this impact other resellers in any more of a negative way than it does currently?