70173 - Ultra Agents Ocean HQ

I was recently able to buy a bunch of this set, demand may be low but I'll still be able to sell them at a profit.

I'm really wondering why it's already retired though. And why was it never brought to Europe? Does this have to do with the production problems they were having? Or was it just that unpopular?

Would love to hear your thoughts/theory's about this!

Company politics, perhaps. Production had been approved and started just when the order came through to cancel the theme - otherwise they could have made it an exclusive or something.

Lucky you to source them in Europe as they should have rarity value, if nothing else.

1 hour ago, Farai said:

I was recently able to buy a bunch of this set, demand may be low but I'll still be able to sell them at a profit.

I'm really wondering why it's already retired though. And why was it never brought to Europe? Does this have to do with the production problems they were having? Or was it just that unpopular?

Would love to hear your thoughts/theory's about this!

Some reading for ya:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

This is a great set. The boat is excellent, and the minifigs are great. I picked up a couple from TRU for $70 during the black Friday sale, I think it's a nice sleeper.

I agree, it is a great set for the money, especially compared to some other licensed sets.  I suppose the popularity of the theme wasn't enough in Europe so they didn't distribute there for the final wave of sets.  In the US it's officially retired http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Ultra-Agents-Ocean-HQ-70173.

I did the same with the black Friday deal at TRU and flipped a few over the holidays as it seemed to be in demand.  I held onto several because I also think it may be a sleeper, but the fact Lego didn't promote the Ultra Agents theme much at all leaves kids interested in Nexo Knights and  Ninjago, both of which have cartoons.

15 hours ago, Brenner said:

Received 4 today, mint. Seal code 11S5. I like this set, the boat looks awesome!

I opened the shipping box of just one of mine but it has the same seal code. Wehkamp I assume?

15 hours ago, brickolodon said:

I prob will sell it in bundles, 70173&70165

2 sets for a price of 4

Hmm, I had 2x 70165 but I parted them out. Good idea of selling them as a bundle though, wish I thought of that!