Boston Craigslist Finds

MarleyMoose

• 4 weeks later...

Those same pictures were posted here as well.  Scam all the way.  Contact the person and see if they are still moving from Omaha.  Story has undoubtedly changed for your area.

1 hour ago, Poly 30286 said:

Edited by Huskers1236

8 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Those same pictures were posted here as well.  Scam all the way.  Contact the person and see if they are still moving from Omaha.  Story has undoubtedly changed for your area.

All I got was a price of $100 each (for HH and modulars) and "my mom's number" to text. She would be available today.

6 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

All I got was a price of $100 each (for HH and modulars) and "my mom's number" to text. She would be available today.

Same story as I got.  They also said their "brother" had a 10179 for $800 that was not pictured.  That was when my spidey senses really went up and they quit getting back to me when I pressed for a time and location.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Huskers1236 said:

Same story as I got.  They also said their "brother" had a 10179 for $800 that was not pictured.  That was when my spidey senses really went up and they quit getting back to me when I pressed for a time and location.

What if they're just trying to spam "mom's" cell phone? That's a lousy prank

Well then, @Alpinemaps, what would be the objective of this scam seller? Bullying? Actual theft? TLG going into deep cover mode to find resellers and/or encourage flow of business back to legitimate retailers? 

It all just makes me sad. 

They will eventually ask you to wire money with the promise that they will mail it to you because they just moved out of town, or their kids posted it all over the country.

• 2 months later...

Without instructions/box, you have to assume he BL'ed it so it's not really a deal unless you like paying people to make you sets. In my mind, if the person seems to claim that they are a serious collector, they would have known to at least keep the manuals.

And if you care for true authenticity, you have to check if some of those Taj Mahal pieces are the original versions and not the newer molds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...