31025 - Mountain Hut

Kenxxx

31025 - Creator Mountain Hut - 550 pcs - 1 minifig, 1 vehicle (4 wheel ATV) - MSRP US$39.99 - Available at shop.lego Jan 2104 - Nov 2015.

It was available for most of 2015 on Amazon at $30, but that discount (25% off) was about as low a price as you would see on this. Sure there are always coupons and clearance finds, but I think about $30 was the low buy-in for most end users. I think this is a fun set, but not sure about being a good investment... especially with this year's (2016) arrival of the smaller and cheaper 31048 Lakeside Lodge.  I got a couple of these through jet.com at a good discount, and have had them listed on Brickclassifieds a while now in the low $40's with no takers. I think I may pull my ad and just hold them longer term. Maybe they'll be more "appreciated" in 2017, or 2018. If not... I may just build them myself. :)

Anyway, what got me to post this topic is that 4 are available on Amazon right now at $39.99.  Again, maybe not the best investment... but I haven't seen them at retail lately... may be your last chance if you want one.

31 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I thought I saw a half dozen of these yesterday at Wal-Mart.

Yep, they can still be found in the wild.  I know a Walmart that had them for a while in the clearance section at $35, but I think someone finally took them. I think there may still be some on the shelf at my Toys R Us (then again... I often get this one and the 31048 mixed up).

The actual abode is small but for all you get, the retail was quite good and course even better at discount. I was lucky to find one for I believe around $27-$28 at Target sometime the end of last year. I have not seen them stocked anywhere since though. Shoot, Walmart did not even bother stocking it by me in the first place which was weird but then again it is Walmart.

• 3 weeks later...