Brickworld Indy 2016

Calli

4 minutes ago, Calli said:

Has anyone been to Brickworld in Indianapolis before? What is it like? How much time can one spend there?

I am not sure if its worth a 220 miles drive.

http://brickworld.com/brickworld-indianapolis/

Thanks for your feedback.

I've been there twice with my son.  He was 3 for our first visit, 4 last year.  There are a couple interactive activities for the kids, but most of the space is dedicated to displays, exhibits and vendors.  I enjoyed looking at everything, but my son became impatient.  He mostly enjoyed shopping for minifigures :) We lasted about two hours which is about all you need to see everything.

We actually drove 3 hours to attend but we also stayed the night and visited the LEGO store which was about 20 minutes from the convention.  We were planning to go again this year but something else came up.

I recommend going at least once, but if there is a convention closer to home you will probably get the same experience.

• Like 1

This will be our 3rd year in a row. And my now 6 year old is excited as well my 12 yr old nephew. We always check out the Lego Store too, while we are in town. We also eat at a restaurant called Twin Peaks that is a sports bar built like a large log cabin. Scenery is Beautiful inside =) 

Edited by Fleck
  • Like 1

So is this a large convention? Considering going on Sunday but it's a ~2hr drive each way. Is it companies displaying wares, or fan builders displaying their creations? Just want to make sure that if I do decide to pull the trigger on the drive, it's going to be worth it ....

I've been several years ago. I live in Columbus so it's a 3 hour drive for me. It was very worth it. I picked up 8 Imperial Flagships 3 months EOL on sale for $120.00. When they were selling daily for about $375 at their internal lego shop. That was a good day. But even if I didn't find the deal it still would have been worth the drive. It was a great time. Many Lego vendors. Adam Reed Tucker was there selling his early Architecture sets and signing them for fans. Lots of great mocs. WOrth the trip in my opinion. But I have not been back since.

Spoiler