Name that polybag

Poly 30286

Question

Back around July of 2015, my friend's daughter (8 years old) was over, and mentioned that she liked LEGO. I was feeling slightly generous, so I gave her a few polybag sets. I saw her again the other day, and she told me that she still has them and that she has built the "Dr. Who one" many, many times. I know I did not give her an actual Dr. Who, but I cannot figure out what she is talking about. I'm pretty sure it was some sort of promo, monthly mini build or general polybag. Any ideas?

6 answers to this question

Maybe she means the Henry Wu polybag? (Dr. Wu) That's a bit of a stretch though. Can't think of anything that would resemble Dr. Who in polybag form.

Its possible she's mistaken some kind of generic grey robot/ship as a Dalek!? 30274 comes to mind as a recent grey polybag. Or she has the Dr. Who Dimensions set and is referring to that.

Good luck in your search haha :P

1 hour ago, Sandwraithx157 said:

Maybe she means the Henry Wu polybag? (Dr. Wu) That's a bit of a stretch though. Can't think of anything that would resemble Dr. Who in polybag form.

Its possible she's mistaken some kind of generic grey robot/ship as a Dalek!? 30274 comes to mind as a recent grey polybag. Or she has the Dr. Who Dimensions set and is referring to that.

Good luck in your search haha :P

Dr. Who / Dr. Wu

Say either five times fast and THEN tell me it's a stretch for an 8 year old, lol (unless she is an unusually mature fan of either character).

The question is, how did you get your hands on it and would you give it away?

Then there is Sensei Wu, who has appeared in 0 real polybags AFAIK. The Cowler Dragon minifig looks similar to him, but July would be awfully early for you to have your hands on one. Requires even more confusion on the part of the 8-year old.

A real dark horse is Admiral Yularen, who very vaguely resembles Dr. Who. That's what I call a real stretch.

40128 perhaps?  I don't do Dr. Who so I dunno.

My advice?  Buy Scooby Doo sets and let "the gang" figure out this mystery. :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grynn said:

Dr. Who / Dr. Wu

Say either five times fast and THEN tell me it's a stretch for an 8 year old, lol (unless she is an unusually mature fan of either character).

Haha yeah, i didn't mean a stretch by pronunciation, but by the fact that he probably didn't just pick up a Dr. Wu poly all that easily considering they were mostly promotional items.

Haha yeah, i didn't mean a stretch by pronunciation, but by the fact that he probably didn't just pick up a Dr. Wu poly all that easily considering they were mostly promotional items.

IIRC, he also had the Hot Dog Cart poly with other random polys. So, my guess is it's Dr Wu...

Dr. Who / Dr. Wu

Putting on my Doctor Who fandom hat for a sec. Doctor Who is a children's program. My kids (and many others) have been watching since a young age. Many adult Doctor Who fans started watching as kids.

My point being that my 8 year has been watching since she was 2. She even attended a Doctor Who convention at 3. My 4 year old has been watching his whole life. Don't think it's an unusually mature 8 year old that knows Doctor Who.