79115 - Turtle Van Takedown

Kenxxx

79115 - TMNT Turtle Van Takedown - At shop.lego from July 2014 until August 2015, now labeled "Retired Product" - 368 pcs including 4 minifigs - MSRP $39.99 in USA - UPC 673419212175 - in Priority Mail shipper 1095 weighs just under 2 lbs - Contains 3 sealed bags, 1 loose base plate, 1 sticker sheet, 2 manuals.

So what's up with this set?  I have been lucky to find a few over the past year for under $20 each. So far I've been satisfied with the quick flip for near 100% net profit. But they seem to have good demand, and sell quickly (sells much faster than 79116 Big Rig Snow Getaway). I don't know much about TMNT.  Is there something special about this set? Is the Turtle Van as iconic to TMNT as say, The Mystery Machine is for Scooby-Doo?  Can this set go to $100 or more?

2 hours ago, Kenxxx said:

79115 - TMNT Turtle Van Takedown - At shop.lego from July 2014 until August 2015, now labeled "Retired Product" - 368 pcs including 4 minifigs - MSRP $39.99 in USA - UPC 673419212175 - in Priority Mail shipper 1095 weighs just under 2 lbs - Contains 3 sealed bags, 1 loose base plate, 1 sticker sheet, 2 manuals.

So what's up with this set?  I have been lucky to find a few over the past year for under $20 each. So far I've been satisfied with the quick flip for near 100% net profit. But they seem to have good demand, and sell quickly (sells much faster than 79116 Big Rig Snow Getaway). I don't know much about TMNT.  Is there something special about this set? Is the Turtle Van as iconic to TMNT as say, The Mystery Machine is for Scooby-Doo?  Can this set go to $100 or more?

The thing was barely in the movie, just at the very end.  I do think it's a nice solid build.

• 4 months later...