41171 - Emily Jones & the Baby Wind Dragon

TheOrcKing

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest TabbyBoy
12 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

Indeed. Most Elves at 50% off (in USA anyway) have been a no-brainer.

I did very well last year when SaH had 41176 Secret Market Places at 50% off (£24.99), I placed 5 orders of 10 and I sold all 50 within the last month for >£60. I'm being a little more careful this year and will ask the opinion of my mate's 2 young daughters I know before buying big again. They've given me good tips so far so another free LEGO set for them! ;-)

The 41122 Friends Tree Houses at 50% off went well to, hence my recent order from Boots.

Great things come to those that "think outside the box".

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, nolanfan34 said:

4 sellers on Amazon US, 11 on Bricklink, is inventory really that dry or are people holding a bunch? How is it doing in the EU?

3 on Amazon UK, few more on ebay. Yes rare, but the problem is finding buyers who will pay over £40. An 8 year-old can be persuaded with a much bigger set for that kind of money. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, nolanfan34 said:

4 sellers on Amazon US, 11 on Bricklink, is inventory really that dry or are people holding a bunch? How is it doing in the EU?

There were a whole bunch still in stores here last summer but now the well is dry.

As mentioned, it´s a bit like Gingerbreadhouse where there has a theoretically high value but it is hard to sell for that without any hype. Buyers are likely to be expecting a bigger set and that could cause problems after reception. 

A lot of people are bundling them with the other baby dragon sets as a workaround.

• Like 1

eBay UK showing
1 @ £31,
1 @ £35,
1 @ £42,

then a couple at wetdream prices of  £70 + 

Its been selling around £30.  My last few have sold at above £30.

Dilemma:  Do i up price to the £40 range?  I have sold at £40 before but is it an unrealistic price for a £8.99 rrp set that I only got 9 months ago?  

17 hours ago, Val-E said:

BIN best offer?

Forgot about that.  Will try that.

17 hours ago, Villager Chris said:

Wait for a £1 selling fee, then go for what you're happy with. But even the lowest price doesn't guarantee a sale. Buyers are canny. 

Got plenty of £1 FVF left.  One batch is going to end in 3 days, and the last batch will end in 9 days. Whenever the £1FVF is on, I list 100 items even if they are placeholders for changing later ie 41009 or 41010 for £50 each.