41180 - Ragana's Magic Shadow Castle

TheOrcKing

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Get these at 50% off from Amazon and Asda was a no-brainer. I've already flipped 15 for £65 each within 2 weeks.

Yeah, it´s just weird how there is a market for the year 2 sets when the year 1´s were mostly turds and can still be found in shops and marked down e.g. Pegasus Sleigh or Skyra´s Palace. I thought those would have done better.

16 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Selling them all as a complete set works.

Great idea but I haven't enough DS in stock! ?

11 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Get these at 50% off from Amazon and Asda was a no-brainer. I've already flipped 15 for £65 each within 2 weeks.

I`ll be bit more patient. I'm in for 12 over a point reward program and paid 278,92€ in total. Got nearly 50€ back in points.

So I paid 19,07€ for each set. Nothing to loose...

8 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yeah, it´s just weird how there is a market for the year 2 sets when the year 1´s were mostly turds and can still be found in shops and marked down e.g. Pegasus Sleigh or Skyra´s Palace. I thought those would have done better.

I think year 2 it's the dragons and baby dragons that are driving demand.

Makes me wonder how year 3 will do because I'm not sure the goblins will be as desired.

6 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I think year 2 it's the dragons and baby dragons that are driving demand.

Makes me wonder how year 3 will do because I'm not sure the goblins will be as desired.

Yes, there are still adult dragons in year 3 but the baby ones were the main USP. 41175 will be a disaster and the jury is out on 41172 and 41179. I feel  41172 will do OK due to the low price point and the nice colour.

Guest TabbyBoy
40 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yes, there are still adult dragons in year 3 but the baby ones were the main USP. 41175 will be a disaster and the jury is out on 41172 and 41179. I feel  41172 will do OK due to the low price point and the nice colour.

I think 41175 will do just fine... I mean it's already exceeded RRP on some occasions in the UK. £15 profit x the "n" amount I have will do me. I paid no more than £18.66 for these and even some from Asda at £7.49 locally. I think most Elves sets will do well.

Yes, it's retail arbitrage which is the way forward these days if you can't get hold of the "gems" ;-)

• 9 months later...

What is everyone opinion on this set as of now?? I only see it going for $100 U.S or less on ebay 

I see Mysterious sky castle sells between $100 and $140 U.S brand new on ebay

My buy in for this set is $65 Canadian dollars  (compared to $146.88 after taxes )  Debating if I should return this set or not??

Does anyone think this set could reach between $125 to $140 U.S dollars?? by next year??

any thoughts or opinions on this??