21126 - The Wither

TheOrcKing

I know i'm not the target market for these sets by far..... but i can't help but feel they are getting worse and worse looking. 

The Tree Fort one in this wave is pretty cool, but the others just look so bleh to me. I played this a ton a few years back, and even i can't get over the silly scaling issues with the Nether "Fort" here.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dr. Brick said:

Gotta like the figures but I'm just not sure about Mindcraft from an investment stand point. I mean I have a decent, diversifies Mindcraft portfolio but I haven't gone deeper than 10 sets on any of the sets. 

Dr. Brick - before you start selling any of your inventory of these ... please make sure you advertise them properly ... it's Minecraft, not Mindcraft :).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hopefully these won't be "hanging out" much longer...  walmart and bn 50% off clearance on these was so widespread during the summer got to the point where it was like i had stuffing for thanksgiving dinner and then they  brought me a  plate full of stuffing for dessert.  now i'm getting that ender dragon vibe and wish i had little more feeling  and a  lil more stuffing is sounding ok at 8 am on cyber monday.

IMG_3452.JPG

• 5 weeks later...
On 27/11/2017 at 1:43 PM, Lego17 said:
On 27/11/2017 at 1:19 PM, Villager Chris said:
Something that people want in these sets. Is it the 3 headed Wither?
Selling for 50%+ above RRP and only be retired a few days. 

Got 4 the other day for £18.50 each & have sold all on Ebay for £32-£34 before fees so did ok on them as a quick turn around.

I think you might have sold too soon.

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

How in the world is this selling at 2.25 x RRP on Amazon Uk already? It´s barely above RRP everywhere else.

As I speculated a few weeks back, there is something driving Minecraft demand. Skin Packs, for example, are selling for 2 x RRP even though they are £10.99 at Lego. Crazy. 

I think there are core fans out there, who collect and trade sets. Also a lot of You tubers who recreate their online worlds. Most retailers sold out of MInecraft in the Xmas run up and many sets have unique pieces. 2017 retirees will be gold but 2018 sets will be much more hoarded as a result. 

That said, I'm no MInecraft expert and would love to know what MInecrafters (not AFOLS)  want in these sets. 

• Like 1