Build Log: Jurassic Park T-Rex Paddock Moc

Sandwraith

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

Very nice!

Have you ever considered adding any texture to the beige baseplate under the jeep/tracks? Like a puddle with a big muddy trex print? :)

I did/do want to detail the road a bit more in someway, and this does sound pretty cool! But not sure there's enough room to do it right.

I may just greeble it with some 1x1 round studs/plates to give it a more gravel-like look. Going by the source material though; this road is pretty darn plain.

56 minutes ago, Sandwraithx157 said:

I did/do want to detail the road a bit more in someway, and this does sound pretty cool! But not sure there's enough room to do it right.

I may just greeble it with some 1x1 round studs/plates to give it a more gravel-like look. Going by the source material though; this road is pretty darn plain.

And maybe some weeds/grass at the edge of the fence? Haven't seen the movie in a bazillion years, but unlikely someone went by that edge everyday with a weedwhacker :)

6 minutes ago, Phil B said:

And maybe some weeds/grass at the edge of the fence? Haven't seen the movie in a bazillion years, but unlikely someone went by that edge everyday with a weedwhacker :)

Heh, with the whole "spare no expense" philosophy; i wouldn't be surprised if they did hire weed-wackers to do just that! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

@Sandwraithx157:

Why did you use the poor goat in your MOC? I'm not very positive it's safe there. :girlsad:

And you surely know how ridiculously expensive goats are compared to other animals.

I just had to go with the accurate animal! Couple friends/family saw my progress and the first thing they would ask is: "Are you going to included a goat!?" lol.

Plus the LEGO goat matches the on-screen goat so well :devil:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sandwraithx157 said:

I just had to go with the accurate animal! Couple friends/family saw my progress and the first thing they would ask is: "Are you going to included a goat!?" lol.

Plus the LEGO goat matches the on-screen goat so well :devil:

I'd prefer a Friends minidoll in its place but I totally comprehend your reasoning.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Hi Sandwraith! I tried to message you, but I guess I'm too new and am not allowed to send messages. I absolutely love your build! Amazingly well done.

I'd like to make a paddock fence myself, and am not sure where to start. I saw you linked a Lego Digital Designer file in the beginning. Unfortunately I wasn't able to open it. You don't have the file in Studio by any chance, do you? (Apologies if the terms are wrong, I learned about Lego Digital Designer and Studio just so I could ask you this question.) Any insights would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks again for posting the pics and descriptions - really incredible job!