Is this a scam?

yang

Recently this situation happened to me twice. 0 feedback just registered eBay account bought my item, then did not pay for it at all. It already happened twice to me, different buyer accounts but same situation. I had to relist my item again and again, very annoying.

Is this some kind of scam? Why are they doing that? Please advise, thanks!

7 minutes ago, yang said:

Recently this situation happened to me twice. 0 feedback just registered eBay account bought my item, then did not pay for it at all. It already happened twice to me, different buyer accounts but same situation. I had to relist my item again and again, very annoying.

Is this some kind of scam? Why are they doing that? Please advise, thanks!

Simple, they think you'll ship out first and give them a feedback. Always use make immediate payment feature no matter what...

Also, block those users, so you don't deal with them again!

16 minutes ago, binici said:

Simple, they think you'll ship out first and give them a feedback. Always use make immediate payment feature no matter what...

Also, block those users, so you don't deal with them again!

Thanks!

I have to block them individually? I tried to set up the buyer requirement preference, but did not find how to block new buyers with 0 feedbacks. (I guess it's not good to block all new buyers either.)

18 minutes ago, yang said:

Thanks!

I have to block them individually? I tried to set up the buyer requirement preference, but did not find how to block new buyers with 0 feedbacks. (I guess it's not good to block all new buyers either.)

Block individually, although it probably won't do any good as they seem to just be creating new accounts. eBay will not allow you to block all buyers with 0 feedbacks (unless they have unpaid item strikes). The best way to deal with the non payment issue is to list your items as BINs and require immediate payment. Incidentally, I have never had a major issue with a 0 feedback buyer, the scammers you need to worry about are the ones that hijack an older account with high feedback numbers.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Migration said:

Block individually, although it probably won't do any good as they seem to just be creating new accounts. eBay will not allow you to block all buyers with 0 feedbacks (unless they have unpaid item strikes). The best way to deal with the non payment issue is to list your items as BINs and require immediate payment. Incidentally, I have never had a major issue with a 0 feedback buyer, the scammers you need to worry about are the ones that hijack an older account with high feedback numbers.

Thank you! Appreciate it!