Newbie order to watch Star Wars movies/films

BarryZola

So, since starting a little modest investing in Lego, it's been hard to escape the Star Wars theme. However, I've never really been into Sci-Fi so have never ever sat down to watch any of the films/movies properly. I now feel that to understand the sets better (and hopefully for some viewing pleasure) I need to get a better understanding of the characters and ships etc, which means watching the films.

I did a little search on-line and it has been suggested to watch the episodes in this order: IV, V, I, II, III, VI. However, others have said you could just miss out I, or all of I, II, and III.

Just wondering what your advice would be. If I'm not missing out that much could I just lose I, II & III and still have a good understanding of the theme, vehicles, characters etc? Or shall I just watch them all in some sort of order? Thanks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, c666187 said:

Watch them in the machete order....

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

You will not be dissapointed.

While I prefer that order too, if you're a Lego collector / fan you'll miss out on a couple of ships if skipping the first movie. So although I'd almost always recommend the 'machete' order (so without episode I), in this specific case I'd recommend IV-V-I-II-III-VI

• Like 1