USPS problems?

stackables

Just now, pstebbing said:

Give it till Sat. Then you can call local post office. I had some packages that showed they hadn't been shipped after several days. I called & turned out the local po showed they had been delivered.

Very good thanks for the advice! making me nervous here....

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 7:54 AM, pstebbing said:

Ps. Your job as a seller is to ship the item in the time frame stated on the listing.

It was shipped by me in the timeframe, not my problem something is up with the po.

7 hours ago, MarleyMoose said:

Click on email update at the usps tracking site.. This usually gets things moving.

https://www.usps.com/search.htm?q=00

I emailed them like 10 mins ago then I seen this, but thanks. as an update, I am still seeing a standstill at available for pickup.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a buyer who paid extra for Priority Mail shipping (2 day, expected delivery day 3/24) only to have the package tracking status hang in "has left origin facility"). Did the email notifications trick and now the package is in transit again, on its way to destination, but with orange status (delivery has been delayed). Do I have any recourse with USPS to get reimbursed for the fact that I used a 2 day delivery service but from the looks of it it is going to take them 7 days to deliver? If yes, I'd like to send any reimbursement on to my buyer. Anyone any experience with this?

Unfortunately I don't think USPS will do anything about Priority Mail since the delivery dates are not guaranteed.  If you had paid for Priority Mail Express then you would be eligible for a refund.

I can understand the frustration though because I've had many Priority Mail packages take a week for delivery when they said 2-day on the label.  Customers are not happy about that if they paid extra for that shipping option.

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, zskid00 said:

Unfortunately I don't think USPS will do anything about Priority Mail since the delivery dates are not guaranteed.  If you had paid for Priority Mail Express then you would be eligible for a refund.

I can understand the frustration though because I've had many Priority Mail packages take a week for delivery when they said 2-day on the label.  Customers are not happy about that if they paid extra for that shipping option.

Thanks - partially due to the email notification trick the package got delivered this AM. Shipped on 3/22, arrived 3/28, but Easter in there - not likely if that affected anything but as long as the buyer is not complaining, I won't take any action.

• 2 months later...

What should I do on this?  I sent a package to a customer at a residential address at the end of May and delivery was attempted on 6/4, but the message from the post office in tracking details is this:

"Customer not available or business closed - Please contact local Post Office to pick up or reschedule delivery"

I messaged the customer thru eBay and she hasn't responded to my message nor has picked up the package.  It has been sitting at the PO for a week.  Something doesn't seem right.  Is there anything I can do or should I just wait it out and see what happens?   Will the PO return it after a certain amount of time if not picked up?  If so, what options would you suggest on full/partial refunding?

3 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

The first questions seem like prime candidates for someone at USPS to answer. As for the last question no need to refund anything until you know what's going on with the buyer and why the package seems to be undeliverable.

i'll call USPS on this and find out what's going on.  I hope she is just on vacation.  I guess I answered my own question...in the event that this package gets returned to me because of a lack of response from the customer, I already have a 20% restock fee as part of my return policy, so that should cover most of the initial costs.

On 1/29/2016 at 3:05 PM, Quacs said:

I have a similar issue with USPS.  I printed a shipping label for a padded first class envelope, scheduled a pick-up (with other packages), and had the Post Office pick up all of the packages, only to have this one envelope not logged in as tracked. Frustrating - they Post Office's response is "we must not have received the package since it was never scanned".  I will be sending replacement minifigures out next week if nothing changes.  So disappointing...

Honestly, this is why I drop everything off in person at the post office and get a receipt. Just don't trust carriers to get it right everytime..  

I do live 1.5 miles from my PO, so it is convenient for me. It may not be so for others.

Edited by c666187
Added info
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, c666187 said:

Honestly, this is why I drop everything off in person at the post office and get a receipt. Just don't trust carriers to get it right everytime..  

I do live 1.5 miles from my PO, so it is convenient for me. It may not be so for others.

I don't blame you as I do the same but not sure how that would have prevented the above situation from happening.

39 minutes ago, Spelunkin_Paul said:

i'll call USPS on this and find out what's going on.  I hope she is just on vacation.  I guess I answered my own question...in the event that this package gets returned to me because of a lack of response from the customer, I already have a 20% restock fee as part of my return policy, so that should cover most of the initial costs.

I would wait for the buyer to contact you before issuing a refund, should the package come back to you. Perhaps they want you to reship it.

Don't exclude the possibility that somehow the buyer never received the failed delivery notification.....

1 hour ago, Spelunkin_Paul said:

What should I do on this?  I sent a package to a customer at a residential address at the end of May and delivery was attempted on 6/4, but the message from the post office in tracking details is this:

"Customer not available or business closed - Please contact local Post Office to pick up or reschedule delivery"

I messaged the customer thru eBay and she hasn't responded to my message nor has picked up the package.  It has been sitting at the PO for a week.  Something doesn't seem right.  Is there anything I can do or should I just wait it out and see what happens?   Will the PO return it after a certain amount of time if not picked up?  If so, what options would you suggest on full/partial refunding?

Don't worry about it too much. Sounds like you did everything right. Ultimately it's up to the customer to get the package. If it gets returned then you can issue refund.