Architecture - Imperial House 21017 or Villa Savoye 21014

Guest Triumph

Guest Triumph

I'm leaning towards the Imperial House, which looks like a very nice set to me. But are these worth it as a long-term investment? They are going to retire soon so I want to pick up at least a set before it is too late..

Let me know. Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody really know how EOL sets will perform in a future, its depends from so many factors, for now Villas better one but may be Hotel will outperformed VS...may be not...so my decision to get both as many as i can with better price...got at least 10 of each but need to see actual numbers...Hotel 100+ or so buy in and Villas 64.00+...now you can get it at msrp price in some places.

• 6 months later...

Here in the US they are still quite common on store shelves at Barnes & Noble, and Books-A-Million.  I thought about it, then left 3 on the shelf at a store last week. I even had a coupon for $5 or $10 off or something.  If I didn't have any, I woulda bought, but I already have plenty of these.  Judging by the long shelf-time, I'm not convinced of a "bright future" for this set (here in the US).  As they always say, you probably "won't lose money"... but my goals are higher than that.

• Like 2

Here in the US they are still quite common on store shelves at Barnes & Noble, and Books-A-Million.  I thought about it, then left 3 on the shelf at a store last week. I even had a coupon for $5 or $10 off or something.  If I didn't have any, I woulda bought, but I already have plenty of these.  Judging by the long shelf-time, I'm not convinced of a "bright future" for this set (here in the US).  As they always say, you probably "won't lose money"... but my goals are higher than that.

Agreed. Our rural BAM has 6-7 Savoy still - all dusty and at retail.

Imperial Hotel will return the most over 3 years, by far.  It's a FAW set, and those do very well, and have a track record.  

VS will also take off, just give it time.  People tend to forget that Fallingwater was also available for months after it retired, and so were many other sets that are now worth a lot of cash.  Take farnsworth house as another example.  A year and a half ago, many were saying the same thing, and now what?  Set sells for 185 on amazon, which is more than 3x.   You could find that set at B&N's and BAM's up until early summer.  

Architecture is one theme I still trust..  Although, with all the little miniscale cityscape models, it will be interesting to see how much longer that lasts.