Get the Kids Ready. Lego NEXO Knights Returns to Cartoon Network

jaisonline

NEXO Knights is Lego's replacement for the Chima theme. This latest "kiddie" theme is returning to television on Monday January 11 on Cartoon Network. The 2-part pilot and new NEXO Knights episodes will be shown each weekday until January 22. Check your local listings for showtime (e.g. shown at 5:30pm in the EST time zone). Will you be watching?

image.jpeg.74090dc6454ad26cbd33c15e9e352

Wikipedia: "The series describes the adventures of five young knights: Clay, Aaron, Lance, Macy, and Axl who protect Knighton from Jestro, the Book of Monsters and their army of lava monsters. They also help the Monarchy, Merlok (sorcerer) and Robin."

TV advertisement.

While overall investment potential should be "very limited" like Chima and post-2013 Ninjago sets, there might be a couple of highlights. 

View full blog article

When I started watching Ninjago with my son, the first 2 seasons were just okay, but the writing and stories got better with each season and now I am super excited for the next season of ninjago.  I am also excited for the Ninjago movie and wonder what that will do to the value of ninjago sets. 

As for Chima, it stunk from the beginning and stunk the whole way thru.  Just way to childish, even for children I think.

As for Nexo Knights, the first 2 episodes were just okay, but hopefully they have learned from both ninjago and chima and this series will be good long term. 

If I can recommend 2 things for afols, watch it with a kid, it keeps it more fun and you might judge it less harshly and give it at least 5-6 episodes before deciding whether its good or bad.  Almost any tv show needs time to figure out a winning formula. 

Ninjago has a great line of designs and thankfully an equally fun animated series, Legends of Chima had a fantastic line but the series while yielding much potential in backstory & background ended up feeling weak & sporadic, now we have Nexo Knights which already has presented incredible ideas and stylish pieces with a series holding much promise that hopefully will deliver. As I have mentioned before in the main topic, there are a couple of holes that could be better done still I am looking forward to watching it when I can.

So, I thought for the first episode it was pretty good, already seems better than Chima (that didn't take much)

My son enjoyed it, I bought him 70333 Ultimate Robin today as his first Nexo Knight (not counting the free intro poly) 

Will this be as good as Ninjago? we shall have a better feel by the end of the week.