We rely on People being Strange

CNH1974

Something just happened that prompted me to write this. It's not a negative thing, just a observation.

I have recently got into parting out some sets, so I am having a go at 75902 Scooby Doo Mystery Machine RRP £30.

I have all the figures, the Zombie Tree & the Van listed separately.

Fred Jones is unique so I sold him for a BIN of £11.

A few days later I sold the Van for £15.

I'm writing the address, it seems familiar. I check my inbox and yes, its the person who bought Fred Jones from me a few days before.

So over about a week they've spent £26 only £4 short of the full RRP of the entire set to get about 60% of it. WHY??!! I know we rely on these people but why? They could have gone to Toys R Us, could have ordered online from Lego ( no B&M stores where they are ).

It struck me as odd.

But HOORAY FOR THE ODD PEOPLE  :codemafia:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

hahaha i had this thought also, but because i'm one of those ;people. I have to weigh up my options. If i want a set to open ill try pay less for it but i find they can be a similar price to new anyway. Plus, i cant get out much so i just pay the price. Ive even found cheap new sets then still not opened it and bought another opened set. Ive also found that i buy a **** load from one person for a discount cause i would end up buying the same sets separately anyway.

Im also not in the know as to where the best buys are...

And some people have more money than sense so they dont give a damn. Even if i had the money id still try haggle!

I cant get my head around people spending 300+ on the ghostbusters firehouse though...

Edited by wobbl87

2 hours ago, justapilgrim said:

I sell the minifigures from.the DK books and DVDs for more than cost of book/DVD. Batzarro, white Boba Fett etc. All day long, and to US buyers

So YOU are the person who ripped all the Ninjago exclusive figures out of the DK books in my neighborhood Kroger! ;-)

• Like 1

Latest one. 

Ive split out 21108. Just in time for the price drop. Oops. As my Ecto car has not sold and the figures went for less than I wanted. 

Anyway i I had the box and instructions left over. Let's auction them for 99p each. 

The instructions went for 99p, fine. 

The box went for £10.50!! With the words NO LEGO written on the title. I know these ideas boxes are nicely designed, but really?!

• Like 1

On 1/22/2016 at 10:46 AM, Phil B said:

So YOU are the person who ripped all the Ninjago exclusive figures out of the DK books in my neighborhood Kroger! ;-)

Hahaha....this is so true. I went into a TJ Maxx and found a star wars character encyclopedia ripped apart and on yellow tag clearance. Checked for the white boba fett expecting that to be ripped out and gone...it was THERE. Score!

Latest one. 

Ive split out 21108. Just in time for the price drop. Oops. As my Ecto car has not sold and the figures went for less than I wanted. 

Anyway i I had the box and instructions left over. Let's auction them for 99p each. 

The instructions went for 99p, fine. 

The box went for £10.50!! With the words NO LEGO written on the title. I know these ideas boxes are nicely designed, but really?!

I guess most likely that the buyer thinks he bought the complete set for a bargain price!

• Like 1

I sell the minifigures from.the DK books and DVDs for more than cost of book/DVD. Batzarro, white Boba Fett etc. All day long, and to US buyers

Buy them on sale at amazon, or at BN when on sale with a 40% coupon