More LEGO Ghostbusters In 2016 - UPDATE

Alpinemaps

15 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'm very jaded.  Just about the only remakes I've watched are "Judge Dredd", "Mad Max" and "Fright Night".

For 80's crazy nostalgia, I do recommend "Turbo Kid".

I really liked Dredd, was a massive 200ad fan as a kid

I'll also skip this.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

They are remaking "Bachelor Party", which makes me sick.  The first "The Hangover" was good enough.

Hadn't heard about the Bachelor Party remake.  I bet most here have never seen the original or even heard of it.  Classic Tom Hanks before he only took serious roles. (which he's damn good at btw)  My favorite classic TH is still The Burbs.

• Like 2

It looked like the girls have their own GBHQ (on top of chinese restaurant).  Not saying they would not be revisiting the original GBHQ by the end of the movie ;)

The proton pistols(?) looked nice.  The CGI for the ghosts looked decent. There was Slimer.  I am running out of good things to say about the trailer though :D

11 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Here is the first trailer.

Thankfully this appears to not be a remake of the original film with the opening text of "30 years ago, four scientists saved New York" clarifying this is a long overdue continuation. The trailer was better than any of my preconceived notions thought it would be. While I will say I am still reserved as to how the rest of the film pans out, I am more open now to give it a shot. Who knows, I might even enjoy myself even with nostalgia rearing its funky head. Haha.

7 hours ago, gazza said:

to be honest, i'm quite excited about the new film

I think I am looking forward to it as well now that the first real trailer is here. Of course it will not be the same as the originals with Dan Aykroyd or the talented late Harold Ramis but still this could be a real popcorn movie.

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse
15 minutes ago, gazza said:

just re-watched the trailer. even more excited now! sorry, @Basictoaster hahahaha :)

fingers crossed for 3D IMAX sessions here in Melbourne :) 

to echo what @jaisonline said, this film will make money. 

i see what u did there:lolu:

Of course the film will make money. That doesn't mean it's good. That's like saying Justin Bieber makes really good music and McDonald's makes really good quality hamburgers because they both make lots of money. This "film" will make money because people are dumb not because it's good.

1 hour ago, MarxMarvelous said:

Of course the film will make money. That doesn't mean it's good. That's like saying Justin Bieber makes really good music and McDonald's makes really good quality hamburgers because they both make lots of money. This "film" will make money because people are dumb not because it's good.

Actually I think it will bomb hard. Nothing in the trailer is funny and it all looks rehashed and forced. Not a good thing when the best part of the trailer is Chris Hemsworth walking through a door. And I say that as a straight man. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarxMarvelous said:

i see the point that you're trying to make but we've been in the fortunate position to see how poor bieber and maccas actually are.

the difference here being is that none of us have actually seen the new film.

we can't exactly say whether it will be good or bad based solely on a trailer and casting list.

people are just merely expressing a view about whether they're excited or not.

it appears as if you may have a few underlying issues that may need addressing re "...because people are dumb...". 

are you ok? do you want to talk about it? tell me about your childhood...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...