7 hours ago, hendrikdejager said:

Let me know what you guys think :)

Well :mda:, what I think ? The head is a copy of mine

21731689198_70f92bc832.jpg

from this Ideas project https://ideas.lego.com/projects/124638

and the body is a copy of Archimedes Chen model

2149107-o_1a1tkubd8gng1glh15lp10ueh61h-f

from this Ideas project https://ideas.lego.com/projects/120087

I think also that it is not fair to not give credit to the original builders :mad:

Edited by DanSto
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Hysterical! I'm sorry but none of these look the same, to me. Oh wait, they all do use the same colors...

Seriously ? Just take your glasses and have a look on the stacking of the parts from the top of the head up to the round 6x6 plate and of the cheese slopes for the body : the design is exactly the same even if some rare colour parts vary ... in colour ;).14514273316_DISPLAY.thumb.jpg.6c8fbf1720

This is my design for the head as it can be found into the last BrickJournal or on Eurobricks http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115383&#entry2405148

Edited by DanSto

17 hours ago, DanSto said:

Well :mda:, what I think ? The head is a copy of mine

from this Ideas project https://ideas.lego.com/projects/124638

and the body is a copy of Archimedes Chen model

from this Ideas project https://ideas.lego.com/projects/120087

I think also that it is not fair to not give credit to the original builders :mad:

Sorry Dan I'm going to flat out disagree with you.  Hendrik's design looks different to both your referenced builds. I'm not a builder but I'd say one of the closest ways to resemble a curve with Lego bricks is to either stagger 1 by 1 bricks al la R2D2 or use 45 degree sloped bricks. I don't think you're going to get a lot of credit for thinking like most other builders!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Crustybeaver said:

Sorry Dan I'm going to flat out disagree with you.  Hendrik's design looks different to both your referenced builds. I'm not a builder but I'd say one of the closest ways to resemble a curve with Lego bricks is to either stagger 1 by 1 bricks al la R2D2 or use 45 degree sloped bricks. I don't think you're going to get a lot of credit for thinking like most other builders!

Well, when I saw this head I recognized immediately the design I have used : Hendrik's design has an additional antenna that's all for the parts, it has orange slopes instead of white and a white 4x4 round plate instead of light orange. Maybe could Hendrik give us more details on the building of the head ;) ?

Is there a way to avoid that this image appears in all my posts ?

I actually was inspired directly by your BB-8 head DanSto. I even made an instruction video today for people to build it and your NAME IS IN IT with a thank you. No need to make a big fuss about it.

I want fans to be able to build a BB-8 so i am working on instruction, non-profit. So who cares?

Edited by hendrikdejager
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, gregpj said:

No offense but if you don't want others to build it, don't put it out there on the internet. So what if the builder looked around for ideas and even borrowed some? All the OP said was he built his own, not that he designed and built from scratch.

No offense but you know how the things are going on the web :

http://technabob.com/blog/2016/01/05/diy-lego-bb-8/

Of course, if I share the instructions for free, I expect that people are building my models. But, where is the problem to not give credit to the original builder ?

On reddit, Hendrik wrote me that he will mention my name  in the upcoming instruction video. So, everything is fine ;).

EDIT : OK, Hendrik answered during the time I wrote this and, sorry, but I care :derisive:

Edited by DanSto

6 minutes ago, DanSto said:

No offense but you know how the things are going on the web :

http://technabob.com/blog/2016/01/05/diy-lego-bb-8/

Of course, if I share the instructions for free, I expect that people are building my models. But, where is the problem to not give credit to the original builder ?

On reddit, Hendrik wrote me that he will mention my name  in the upcoming instruction video. So, everything is fine ;).

I do know how it goes, and that's why I made the statement that I did and help out around here by being a moderator.

It's just that you've lurked for 3.5 years and have never made a post until these ones where you weren't very polite in your responses. That's what PMs are for in my opinion.

With that said, I'm glad Hendrik wrote you and gave you credit. I do appreciate that you guys work hard to create nice models and share your instructions with the larger community and your mid sized droid models are all fantastic.

11 minutes ago, gregpj said:

I do know how it goes, and that's why I made the statement that I did and help out around here by being a moderator.

It's just that you've lurked for 3.5 years and have never made a post until these ones where you weren't very polite in your responses. That's what PMs are for in my opinion.

With that said, I'm glad Hendrik wrote you and gave you credit. I do appreciate that you guys work hard to create nice models and share your instructions with the larger community and your mid sized droid models are all fantastic.

OK, I agree with you. I just said that it is not fair to not give credit which is essential to not have misunderstandings.

But, you are wrong, it was the first time I came to your forum which I found after searching BB-8 images and recognizing the head :derisive:

Thanks and continue the good work.

6 minutes ago, DanSto said:

But, you are wrong, it was the first time I came to your forum which I found after searching BB-8 images and recognizing the head :derisive:

Seriously? It says you joined July 19, 2012? Maybe you joined a long time ago and never came back until now.... If true stick around, we have some great MOC threads!

26 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Seriously? It says you joined July 19, 2012? Maybe you joined a long time ago and never came back until now.... If true stick around, we have some great MOC threads!

Oh Yes, I joined 3 and half years a go (sorry, don't remember why but it was not for the forum) but I did not follow and this was my first post. But, sorry, I did not lurked. I spent to much time on french forums, Eurobricks and Flickr and don't want to add one more ;). As I said, I came following the image.

Good continuation.

• 5 years later...