Images Posted of 3 Lego Captain America Civil War sets

jaisonline

A Polish online retailer have posted images of 3 upcoming Capt. America Civil War sets.  The sets appear to contain a nice array of vehicles, play sets, minifigures and a brick built version of gigantic Ant-Man. Some Marvel characters such as Black Panther and Crossbones will finally make their minifigures debut.  It also appears The Quinjet gets it's third remake since 2012 while other minifigures are refreshes or carryovers from previous sets. 

While unsure of their investing potential at this time, I do think most of these sets will be highly popular.  

Source =

http://www.extraklocki.pl/katalog/klocki-lego-super-heroes/marvel/3,9,id,desc/?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

View full blog article

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, TheGallows said:

Yay another quinjet.

Might get shot of all the QJ chase 76032 I have, I cant see the vision minifig helping it that much long term. Luckily I got them dirt cheap.

How "dirt cheap" is "dirt cheap" in this case? Only reason why I didn't buy that set is because I don't trust that people actually like Black Widow's hair cut in it, but apparently their using it again in these sets... 

I think I'm gonna grab a stack of the Black Panther set, but I doubt the Crossbones one will fair well. Sure, Falcon looks okay, but he won't be enough to sell that bad vehicle, and Black Widow is not exclusive to that set. I can't tell whether crossbones will carry the set yet or not because we have no indication of how important he is to the movie. If he is an important figure he might be worth the risk, if he is as present as Count Doku or Greivous were in the 3rd SW prequel, then I doubt  it will be worth it.

I'm actually quite happy that these do not include normal size ant-man and only have him in tiny and giant, because that means the Final Battle set is only going to gain value. I'd better get some of those for cheap before their price goes up. Good thing winter sales are starting in a few days out here! Since that set is discontinued I might be able to get it for cheap in some toy stores if I get there first.

Thanks for the pictures, they cleared my doubts on Black Panther's general look, which I was scared would not look very good once outside of his jet, but he actually looks pretty good and so does the rest of that set (except for the windscreen of the jeep of course...).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, botchy123 said:

Looks that way, am i right in thinking that The Winter Soldier figure is totally different to the polybag one?

I think he has the same legs, but they changed the head for a maskless one, kept the holster on the torso but changed what's behind it. The head doesn't look like a unique head though and reminds me of a very common one.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, staggs9696 said:

I think he has the same legs, but they changed the head for a maskless one, kept the holster on the torso but changed what's behind it. The head doesn't look like a unique head though and reminds me of a very common one.

Thank you, really appreciate that

• Like 1

Yes, the catalogue has been out for quite some time now, even though most versions did not have prices, also note that the indications for 76050 and 76047 are inverted. I was quite sad when I saw this because I was really happy to see the black panther set at only 25€ but this means that it's actually a 35€ set. Oh well... I guess I'll only get 7 instead of 10! It's not as if I was going to buy them full price anyway... I'm also afraid that as usual they'll be a few extra € in france...

I'm disappointed that Black Panther only comes in a set with two other minifigs that we'll be getting in other sets (whether they are the same or different, doesn't matter to me).  I do like the vehicles in that set, though.

I'm 'big' on the airport set, I suppose for obvious reasons. lol  And the Agent 13 minifig.

5 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm disappointed that Black Panther only comes in a set with two other minifigs that we'll be getting in other sets (whether they are the same or different, doesn't matter to me).  I do like the vehicles in that set, though.

I'm 'big' on the airport set, I suppose for obvious reasons. lol

Surprisingly, I'm not. I don't like that set, and I don't invest in things I wouldn't personally buy. 
I don't like it for a few reasons:
—This is the 3rd edition of the Quinjet, and there is a weird looking cog piece on top of it that just looks out of place. I prefer both other versions of the Quinjet.
—Giant Man is a big part of the price because he basically has more pieces than the piece of airport we get.
—Once again, most of the price relies on the minifigs instead of the set, and 2 of those we already get in other sets.
—This Quinjet does not have Black Widow. That was a big selling point in the 2 other versions as she is a very popular character, and was most accessible through the Quinjet.

However, I won't deny the virtues of the set:
—It has exclusive minifigs: Agent 13 and the new version of Scarlett Witch, a new Iron Man suit, and War-machine (this might be the last time we get a War-machine if he dies as the trailer suggests).
—It has 2 exclusive versions of Ant-Man which would complete my original size Ant-Man very well.

But that's it. All the pros are what I mentioned in my cons as the set being minifig price justified instead of build justified. The Quinjet sure does have a lot of pieces, but I don't like this version of it, and the building part of the set is just too weak for my liking. 

Overall, I just think that any other set from this wave would be a better investment because they don't have previous versions of themselves, they all have 1 or 2 exclusive minifigs, and their builds just seem more interesting overall. Plus, cheaper sets are easier to sell than those that end up worth 100+ € simply because mentally approaching the 100 mark is blocking for a lot of people. It also limits the client range by taking away the kid birthday present option (unless you have a lot of money or really don't want to disappoint your kid).

Please do keep in mind that this is my personal position on the matter :)

• Like 2

There's really nothing that stands out in any of these sets.  For some reason they're either playing it safe or being told what to produce, or a mixture of both.  I thought all of the first and most of the second round superhero sets were all more creative and color than these sets..

11 hours ago, JRandall said:

There's really nothing that stands out in any of these sets.  For some reason they're either playing it safe or being told what to produce, or a mixture of both.  I thought all of the first and most of the second round superhero sets were all more creative and color than these sets..

Yeah it probably has something to do with not wanting them to unintentionally spoil the movie or simply not giving them enough information about the movie to really get their creative juices flowing... Disney seems to be very careful when it comes to this, and even toys can ruin the movie for some people :/ Or at least that's what people who haven't even seen the movie will say :P 

Honestly though, you are indeed right on a lack of fantasy, nothing stands out. Once again the main reason to buy any of these sets will be the minifigs within... 

Just noticed this but... Hawkeye is in none of these sets! Did he die, or is he going to be in the unrevealed set? Or did they simply forget him? Because if they forgot him, then that fig could gain some value. If he died however, Hawkeyes aren't going to be worth much in the future :P

• 3 months later...

So after seeing the movie, these sets align well.   With only one set outstanding (76067), it’s going to be interesting what they go with.  Obviously these are missing a few characters, no spoilers, I can think of one or two options, but I can’t see them putting Vision or Hawkeye in.  

• Like 1