A new investor / reborned fan presents

Hi all! I found out about this forum on a Lego subreddit. Been lurking reading reading colecting info and trying to locate myself: i'm a fan, an investor, both?

I recently returned from the dark age. The vector was the Simpons cmf series 2, available at my local grocery shopping place. After starting collecting those i went to find others collectors in other to trade and buy minifigs. The apparent liquidity of these colections atracted me, i could withdraw money from this with some effort.

Why is this important? I came from a background of many years playing Magic the Gathering, an expensive card game where you need to manage the finantial aspect of your card collection, and know when to buy and sell to be able to no overspent while playing. I find a lot of points in common between the financial of Magic the Gathering and Lego. Maybe i can write some more about that later.

When i completed the Simpsons colection i wasnt satisfied: colleting older cmf collections is out of question for me now as it is too expensive. So i started checking the Lego corridors, watching the sets coming in and out, i bought some small sets for building and i was eyeing a Bike Shop when suddenly i stomped on a 35% direct discount on toys on a retailer.

Thanks, glad to be here! There is some fierce competition on the card game market, but who knows?

Just for ending my above text, after that 35% discount i found myself at home with +200€ worth of Lego sets piled on my bed. I sold those in two weeks, came back for more and i also sold the more. I got some minor gains in money and some greater gains in knowledge - for instance, NINJAGO sets are really hot right before Christmas.

I love to finds Lego discounts, its thrilling :). I managed to get some Birds sets to save away - they would probably be in my first try with selling on ebay later this year. Right now i'm only flipping at a slow rate on my local CL-like, slowly gaining and learning before jumping into the bigger pool - the retired special sets like Tumbler and Red 5, the modulars and others, were you don't get to see your money back for a long time.

I also managed to get the Bike Shop with some discount - its a great set when returning to Lego or even introducing someone, it has some neat details and shows really well some great possibilities with Lego build.