10240 - UCS: Red Five X-wing Starfighter

Mos_Eisley

How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?

• 2 to 5
    • 6 to 10
    • 11+
    • ZERO

This poll is closed to new votes

Even though I'm sorry for the people who held this set MISB for 10+ years, This is a fantastic looking set.

If I had sat on it that long I would have put it on the market the moment I heard the rumour of the X-Wing coming out. The rumours have always been fairly accurate.

On a personal level, I can't wait to acquire one for myself. I don't think it will be a set I invest heavily in though

Anyone else getting sick of paying premium prices for premium sets, only to cover them with stickers? This x-wing has a really cool targeting screen in the cockpit, but the graphics are a sticker. They print hundreds of minifig parts every year, but they can't give us a nice printed tile for the centerpiece of the cockpit in a 200 dollar x-wing!!! Stickers never really bothered me too much until I built the vw camper. The vw logo on the front end is a sticker! Boooo!

Anyone else getting sick of paying premium prices for premium sets, only to cover them with stickers? This x-wing has a really cool targeting screen in the cockpit, but the graphics are a sticker. They print hundreds of minifig parts every year, but they can't give us a nice printed tile for the centerpiece of the cockpit in a 200 dollar x-wing!!! Stickers never really bothered me too much until I built the vw camper. The vw logo on the front end is a sticker! Boooo!

I agree. It was one thing for a set like Mines of Moria to have a heap of stickers, but they should be increasing the number of printed parts in the big expensive sets. I too was very disappointed the VW logo was a sticker

I agree. It was one thing for a set like Mines of Moria to have a heap of stickers, but they should be increasing the number of printed parts in the big expensive sets. I too was very disappointed the VW logo was a sticker

Yes, printed pieces were great. Even inexpensive Lego SW sets had printed pieces that were exclusive to those sets.

+1!

Stickers do suck. I never put them on correctly.

I skip on stickers also.

Same! This is smart! Plus I find that without stickers some sets look a lot cleaner.............

Describes me. I put stickers on my earlier sets. All of them are crooked or have creases in the sticker. I hate my 8 year old self for doing so...

A better question is when are we gonna get a R2 with a third leg? Exactly. It only takes a couple of pieces to make a third leg for him.

+1!

Stickers do suck. I never put them on correctly. I basically have given up putting on stickers because I always seem to find a way to mess them up. (Creases, not exactly centered, etc.)

Anyone else getting sick of paying premium prices for premium sets, only to cover them with stickers?

Yeah really. We're paying enough for the darn thing already; least they can do is actually print the pieces with the graphics.

Yeah stickers suck!!!!! I don't even put stickers on the sets I build......I just keep the sheet for when I sell the set used.

That's me in a nutshell. I HATE STICKERS!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Finished building mine earlier today and I have to say I REALLY enjoyed the set. It looks great on display..and I am finally able to display an X-Wing along with my other UCS sets. I don't have the older 7191 so I don't really know how it compares, but it is one of my favorites. The only thing are the cockpit stickers. It is very time consuming if you want them perfect (mine are good enough for me), and it seems LEGO knows just how hard they are to apply, since they included an spare set of those in the set. I submitted a review for the set you should be able to see later today, if you guys are interested to know a little bit more.

• 2 weeks later...

New X-wing is awesome

Just a shout out to the new x-wing UCS it is outstanding. My son and daughter put together the x-wing and b-wing to add to our UCS collection it is awesome. I am not allowed to build the sets, :( kids are getting older so I can't build anymore. How did this happen.......

Just a shout out to the new x-wing UCS it is outstanding. My son and daughter put together the x-wing and b-wing to add to our UCS collection it is awesome. I am not allowed to build the sets, :( kids are getting older so I can't build anymore. How did this happen.......

lol I agree, both models are completely amazing looking. I have been waiting a lot to get the UCS X-Wing, and at secondary prices it was just not possible, really happy about the new release. Still, someday I would love to own the original one.

Not allowed to build the sets? How did you let that happen?