What's up with LEGO Shop at Home Bricks & Pieces?

Deadfraggle

This got asked yesterday, but buried in the forum under the buy or no buy section. When did Lego remove the option to buy pieces under the bricks & pieces/missing pieces section of the LEGO Shop at Home page?

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the they had removed the prices and severely restricted the buying limits on any individual piece, but now you can't even buy pieces from this section. There is only a link for missing pieces. You have to request missing parts, and can't ask for more than the quantity included with the set originally. 

Did they purposely discontinue this service? Is this another example of poor Lego web design and the link is just missing/broken?

I hope B&P comes back because pick-a-brick generally sucks.

13 minutes ago, LJD1019 said:

try this link

https://wwwsecure.us.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts?domainredir=service.lego.com

during check out it brings you back to the Lego shop site 

This still looks like the "missing piece" feature vs the old buy whatever you wanted from bricks and pieces. As an example, I clicked your link, entered 76023, and scrolled down to the wide tires. It only allows you to add qty "2" to the bag. If you add more than that a message pops up and says "you've exceeded the quantity included in this set"

Also, even though I'm logged in under my user account, I have to fill out a whole bunch of fields reflecting where I want my replacement parts shipped.

17 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

Probably a result of mass ordering of the limited edition Bat-Pod pieces, specifically the tires and rims.  I'm only half joking.

That's too funny because one of the two sets I went looking for parts for was the tumbler. I did bricklink a LE batpod with the gray rims, but was thinking about switching them out for the black ones to match my tumbler.

• 1 month later...