Brickpicker App

Faby_acg

The old BrickPicker Forum app is now dead!!!!   Yes it was nice having a dedicated forum app, but they have told me that they are no longer actively adding any new features to it.  I was running into a dead end creating new push certificates for the app and create a new build.  They had no answer for me so at this point it was time to give up on it.  

I have completed migrating the forum to their regular Tapatalk App and it seems to be working great.  Fast, clean and push notifications are working just fine.  If you would like to have the BrickPicker forum on you mobile device, please download the Tapatalk App.

IOS
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-200-000-forums/id307880732

Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity&hl=en_US

IMG_58614CA00C2B-1.jpeg  image.png

• Jeff Mack featured this topic
  • 3 years later...
Is anyone else having a problem with the app bringing you to posts where you haven't read to yet? Either with new threads I haven't even started on or when I flip the page to continue reading it brings me to the last post rather than the next post...

Yup... It's done that since the last update. :(

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

The old BrickPicker Forum app is now dead!!!!   Yes it was nice having a dedicated forum app, but they have told me that they are no longer actively adding any new features to it.  I was running into a dead end creating new push certificates for the app and create a new build.  They had no answer for me so at this point it was time to give up on it.  

I have completed migrating the forum to their regular Tapatalk App and it seems to be working great.  Fast, clean and push notifications are working just fine.  If you would like to have the BrickPicker forum on you mobile device, please download the Tapatalk App.

IOS
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-200-000-forums/id307880732

Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity&hl=en_US

IMG_58614CA00C2B-1.jpeg  image.png

• Jeff Mack featured this topic
  • 3 years later...

Couple of issues with this:

1. I installed Tapatalk, skipped all the “create an account” stuff, added Brickpicker, again skipped creating an account, and then the app just sit there and spins. Nothing ever happens. This is on iOS 12.

2. Decided to just pull up the forum in my mobile browser. Works fine if you go to community.brickpicker.com, but takes you to a completely unrelated Spanish-language discussion board if you go to forum.brickpicker.com. @Jeff Mack You might want to look into your DNS records for that :)

1. Just make sure you are going to the new brickpicker community on Tapatalk.  It should have a graphic with the little LEGO heads.
image.thumb.png.09166371b541b3e3471bb9a41d29fa01.png
2. Thanks about the DNS.  I just removed that record, it was old.  Need to find what is redirecting to that.

Thanks, that was it (combined with a restart that skipped the initial setup wizard and just allowed me to pick groups directly)

58 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I am still seeing ads in the Android version. The app is also somehow subscribing me to some threads, and starts sending me email notifications. I have to find the thread and manually unsubscribe to make it stop. Very annoying.

Sorry, don't know what to tell you.  I will write them and ask them why an Android phone may see ads and not iOS.  There is only one option to select from.  I unfortunately don't have an Android phone to use and see what is happening.

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Regarding the auto-subscribe ... this seems to happen whenever I reply to a topic, or like a post in a topic. It automatically subscribes me to that topic until I manually unsubscribe.

That has always been a setting in your preferences.  Its not a app specific feature

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LegoBro said:
5 hours ago, DadsAFOL said:

Got it. I’m happy to do a PayPal subscription of a couple dollars a month if it would help cover costs.

A paid subscription to Brickpicker is way over due. I'd pay for the info and current and past event info on here.

I don't want to go to crazy with this TapaTalk app right now.  The people that make this forum are close to releasing their own mobile app which would be nice because it would be dedicated and native to this forum. They said its supposed to be released in early 2020, so I just want to see what they come up with.  

• Like 1