Happy Holidays

Guest brickcrazyhouse

1 hour ago, Spelunkin_Paul said:

Merry Christmas to everyone here. I don't post a whole lot, but I read a lot from you fellow Brickpickers. I have to say you all have been a blessing to me and my family over the last year. Many blessings to all of you, your families, and your Lego ventures over the next year.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Merry Christmas everyone!

My first larger experience with Mega Bloks this morning.  Put together the Halo UNSC Warthog.  I actually had to use a child's project hammer to get the pegs to fully insert into some of the parts.  It's not LEGO, for sure.  I'm putting together the Scorpion later and we also have the Police Pelican, which I'm dreading.  Good and sturdy once together, but definitely an inferior product with swirling colors in the pieces and some are too flexible.

My daughter received a bunch of American Girl, Barbie Dreamhouse, and new Epic LeapPad.  My son got his first laptop, LEGO Dimensions, an Interactive R2-D2 and we're going to share an XBox One.  I'll be busy on vacation putting all this stuff together.

• Like 5

My first larger experience with Mega Bloks this morning.  Put together the Halo UNSC Warthog.  I actually had to use a child's project hammer to get the pegs to fully insert into some of the parts.  It's not LEGO, for sure.  I'm putting together the Scorpion later and we also have the Police Pelican, which I'm dreading.  Good and sturdy once together, but definitely an inferior product with swirling colors in the pieces and some are too flexible.

My daughter received a bunch of American Girl, Barbie Dreamhouse, and new Epic LeapPad.  My son got his first laptop, LEGO Dimensions, an Interactive R2-D2 and we're going to share an XBox One.  I'll be busy on vacation putting all this stuff together.

Luckily, you can glue Mega Bloks...

• Like 3

My two kids got Dimensions. My son got a couple of trains. He's rolling the retired 7939 cargo train (yellow engine) used set, and the new 60052 (red engine). Between the two sets, and some extra track, we are setting up a pretty boss layout. Now I need to decide if I want to open up my sealed Maersk train to play along. 

• Like 3

My Chima-loving 9yr old son got the Phoenix Fire Temple, and his twin sister received the Grand Hotel ... Both have been quiet for the last 5 hours, occasionally shouting "I'm on book/bag X" to compare progress ;)

Daddy got a 250 page book by two first-time authors, not sure if you guys ever heard of it: something about collecting LEGO sets for investment purposes or something ... Will let you all know if it is any good once I finish it ;-)

• Like 6

Once again I shiver with disbelief at how unhesitatingly pictures of children are being posted in a public forum. Folks, this is 2015, about time to become aware of the fact that children have rights of personality, too. And even if they dont mind pictures of them being posted now, they might well do so later in their lives. At least their parents should know better than that.